2006 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Wish I would have done my research!
By veronicav on 03/26/09 06:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I previously had a 99 Galant which I was happy with but had recently had my third child and needed more space,my fear was to get rid of a car with no problems and get one with PROBLEMS, which has happened. I have a popping noise in the intake which sounds like a frog hopping around and hitting the top and sides, which I've been told by a man who has "been with Ford for 15 years" that it's normal. I also am now having a problem with the van stalling while driving down the road, many things have been checked and no problems found yet! Inside space needs improvement, getting to third row seats is awful my 3 year old daughter who sits back there has to squeeze her way back there. Rethink buying!

Freestar
By dale on 01/05/09 23:37 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Ford product in my life. After buying this van I changed my thought about Ford, we have had nothing but problems with it, in and out of the shop who knows how many time. Has a druming noise coming from the breather they say they can't fix. Problems with the front end, and on and on with this thing. But I see they did circle the problem on the Ford emblem. It should say junk!

2006 SEL 4.2
By tarichra4 on 08/26/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We spent 3 months searching for the exact Freestar after having a 99 Explorer Sport. Decided to go with Ford because of styling and our dedication to Ford. Good choice for us. We found the exact van we wanted in Norsea Blue, SEL, bucket 2nd row, DVD, 4.2 engine and 17 inch rims, and just under 36,000 miles. Drove our 93 Escort 4 hours to get it. Very nice van, great exterior styling, better than GM and Chrysler. Ample power for a van, no major problems to date. Only things I notice are rear side defroster doesnt work, rear hatch struts creak in winter, has an exhaust droan right off idle, both side doors rattle over bumps,and a slight speedometer/rpm cluster noise We love it and plan to keep it

Ford Freestar
By TJ Wendel on 10/29/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

2006 Ford Freestar minivan is a great vehicle. The only problem I have is the bench 2nd row seat. It's only comfortable for kids. Adults are very uncomfortable sitting on it.

We like this Van!
By Dale on 10/01/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Having bought a 1995 Windstar 3.8 in 1997, it was tough for us to want to return to Ford for a mini-van. After driving or riding in Toyotas, Dodge & Chrysler, we felt the new Freestars offered the most amenities, nicest ride (smooth) and...after 11 years, Ford would certainly get it right. In my opinion they did. We bought the van used with 33500 miles. Smooth shifting plenty of power with the 4.2 engine. The leather seats and 6 disc CD changer were added nice features. Mileage so far with a combination of highway/town driving has stayed at 21.4 MPG avg. Unfortunately Ford has decided that '07 is the last year for their mini-van...too bad,they have finally made a great mini-van.

2006 Ford Freestar
By Jim on 04/10/07 06:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This van has plenty of power and is very comfortable and versatile. Fuel economy is fair, but build quality so far has been good. Our family finds the second row bucket seats to be convenient. We strongly recommend the Freestar.

Ford Freestar is OK
By vmichelelea on 03/01/07 19:15 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It is perfect for a family with kids.

2006 Ford Freestar
By V. Blondahl on 01/11/07 14:54 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have approx 5000 Km. on this vehicle as of today. It has spent 10 days in the shop since purchase. The computer has been replaced, a correction for excessive front wheel vibration has been performed, (a steady buzz-like vibration is still felt in the steering wheel). The engine knocks and rattles and rpm fluctuates at idle. We have a 98 Plymouth Voyager with 260,000 Km. that runs smoother and quieter than this new Ford. At approx. 700 Km. we asked for a replacement vehicle, offering to pay a fee for the accumulated mileage; the dealer refused. I completed a customer satisfaction report listing the problems with this vehicle and Ford did not even bother to respond.

Happy owner so far
By Tim Lu on 11/27/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had 2006 Sport for about a year and 25k, no problem so far. Drawn to it by the price (for the same level, 6-disc CD, reverse sensing system, alloy wheels DVD, etc), I would have spent $10k more on Japanese models. Overall, a great vehicle for the price.

Ford Freestar Limited
By Jerome E. Welsh Sr. on 11/01/06 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a Ford Windstar in the past, so I was familiar with front wheel drive. The handling response is great, it's peppy when needed, and gives a feeling of confidence. I find myself trying to increase my gas mileage by driving carefully. Side air curtains are a super plus for my grandchildren.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.