2006 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
06 SEL Freestar 44,000 mile update
By RW on 09/03/10 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 06 Freestar van new in October 06. Loved the interior seating arrangements, shoulder and leg room for first and second rows. Third row bench folds flat and is a bit too low when in use. Lots of cargo room when stored though. Engine has lots of torque but has been detuned (4.2 L should give far more then 200 hp).

Glad to own a Freestar with 4.2 litre
By Tony on 05/04/09 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Owning a 98 windstar I had decided to remain with Ford due to the great reliability of the windstar. My Freestar with the 4.2 litre is very powerful! Transmission shifting is much more smooth and improved, the 4 disc brake system is superior to the disc and drum system, the traction control and stability control is excellent in the winter months. I have puchased this vehicle used with 56000 Kilometers and the only issue I presently have is a faulty backup sensor, everything else is peachy. The DVD entertainment is worth a million dollars on those long trips with the kids. The ride is smooth, feels solid and powerful when passing on the freeway. My next vehicle will be a Ford again, the Flex.

2006 Ford Freestar Sel 4dr Minivan (4.2L
By Connie Riley on 05/04/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have 6 grandchildren who travel with us quite frequently. So we have wanted a minivan for quite some time. We purchased this van in January, used w/33,500 mi. and so far it has been great. Very nice van, great exterior, love the Norsea Blue color. I have taken the kids on several outings and trips and there's plenty of room and everyone is comfortable.

2006 SEL 4.2
By tarichra4 on 08/26/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We spent 3 months searching for the exact Freestar after having a 99 Explorer Sport. Decided to go with Ford because of styling and our dedication to Ford. Good choice for us. We found the exact van we wanted in Norsea Blue, SEL, bucket 2nd row, DVD, 4.2 engine and 17 inch rims, and just under 36,000 miles. Drove our 93 Escort 4 hours to get it. Very nice van, great exterior styling, better than GM and Chrysler. Ample power for a van, no major problems to date. Only things I notice are rear side defroster doesnt work, rear hatch struts creak in winter, has an exhaust droan right off idle, both side doors rattle over bumps,and a slight speedometer/rpm cluster noise We love it and plan to keep it

Ford Freestar
By TJ Wendel on 10/29/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

2006 Ford Freestar minivan is a great vehicle. The only problem I have is the bench 2nd row seat. It's only comfortable for kids. Adults are very uncomfortable sitting on it.

We like this Van!
By Dale on 10/01/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Having bought a 1995 Windstar 3.8 in 1997, it was tough for us to want to return to Ford for a mini-van. After driving or riding in Toyotas, Dodge & Chrysler, we felt the new Freestars offered the most amenities, nicest ride (smooth) and...after 11 years, Ford would certainly get it right. In my opinion they did. We bought the van used with 33500 miles. Smooth shifting plenty of power with the 4.2 engine. The leather seats and 6 disc CD changer were added nice features. Mileage so far with a combination of highway/town driving has stayed at 21.4 MPG avg. Unfortunately Ford has decided that '07 is the last year for their mini-van...too bad,they have finally made a great mini-van.

2006 Ford Freestar
By Jim on 04/10/07 06:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This van has plenty of power and is very comfortable and versatile. Fuel economy is fair, but build quality so far has been good. Our family finds the second row bucket seats to be convenient. We strongly recommend the Freestar.

Happy owner so far
By Tim Lu on 11/27/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had 2006 Sport for about a year and 25k, no problem so far. Drawn to it by the price (for the same level, 6-disc CD, reverse sensing system, alloy wheels DVD, etc), I would have spent $10k more on Japanese models. Overall, a great vehicle for the price.

Good Value
By Michael on 09/29/06 19:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a SEL Freestar 4.2 used with 15,000 miles. Very pleased with it. Wife has a 2003 Honda Odyssey which I consider a great minivan and we bought the Freestar as an extra minivan since that one has high miles and for my personal vehicle. The Honda seems to be built much better, but was twice the price and had no room for negotiation because of popularity of model. However, they both drive great and for the money, I would buy the Ford over the Honda in the future! The sound system is pretty weak as well since it only has 4 speakers.

Great Van Overall
By Tom on 03/10/06 14:38 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the optional audio with the separate source selection. As with other reviews, rear seats need about 1.5 inches additional height. More drivers knee room and the tow package without hitch....well that's probably a Ford marketing problem. Love mine, lots of power. look forward to hooking up my 200lb camper and pulling with it. PS I owed a 95 Windstar as well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.