Used 2005 Ford Freestar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

Fab Freestar
By Howard Groce

2005 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Freestar in September 2004 and have really enjoyed it. Styling is outstanding and reliability is unquestionable. Fuel economy is less than I had expected.

Interior storage is excellent. Exterior styling and finish is fabulous.

Fold-away center seats would be a plus.

love it
By ny driver

2005 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love everything about this vehicle. The only con is the plastic interior compared to the upholstered Windstar. Great driving and solid. Wish the DVD player did not block the rear window.

Love everything about this vehicle.

Put the DVD back in the console so it does not block the rear window when down.

Freestar sets you free
By Chip

2005 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Freestar is perfect for a VMI conversion for handicapped drivers! The ride is smooth, especially on the highway. The is not much wind noise, either. My conversion adds A LOT of weight and modifies the aerodynamics to the van which hinders fuel economy slightly.

Everything is easily within reach. The instrument panel is clearly read.

Traded a Lexus LS400
By Peter Leech

2005 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had the slightest trouble & I cannot believe how well it handles, rides, looks etc. I was a new car dealer myself for a number of years, Ford, Chev-Olds, Mercedes Benz, & a BIG used car operation. Also raced production cars for years. My Freestar starts, stops, handles, is completely rattle free, very good stereo & DVD set up, tows well with factory trailer towing equipment, reasonable price for such a satisfactory vehicle. A Honda dealer friend lent me an Odyssey for a week & I decided that overall I considered the Freestar Limited to be the better vehicle.

Style, vast number of dealers available while travelling North America if required. I normally do not like front wheel drive, but this van does not ever show any bad FWD tendancies, amazing!

More comfortable seating in 3rd row, easier to remove center seats, reasonably priced GPS navigation system, better fuel economy.

good minivan
By dalereid

2005 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had mine for a short time but I feel that, so far, it is a nice van at a decent price. The engine seems to have ample power with reasonable fuel mileage.

I am very happy with the stow and go rear seat. It is very good for people who do not have a place to store the seat.