2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
driver
By Pete on 02/12/05 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Enjoy driving it, it's a gas guzzler comparing it to other minivans and a has small gas tank. Averaging 300 miles to a tank or 12.3 miles to gallon of gas. Still don't know why they advertise it for 17 mpg city to 22 mpg for freeways.

Good Van
By Van Owner on 02/01/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first minivan and we really like it. The ride is very nice and the power is decent. It is very comfortable especially for long trips. So far we have no regrets.

Freestar SES
By allisonw on 01/15/05 10:42 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had this minivan for a few days but I like it very much. I have the optional 17 inch rims, so the ride is much smoother than on the 2005 Caravan that I rented last spring. I don't understand why this van received such low ratings from consumer magazines and online services, because I actually find it far superior to the Caravan that they love to rave about.

FREESTAR AFTER RETIREMENT
By CARL on 12/18/04 23:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

VERY ROOMY AND GOOD HANDLING. USE FOR CRAFT SHOWS HOLDS LARGE PIECES OF FURNITURE AND OTHER ITEMS. WENT FROM A FORD F 150 WITH HIGH FIBERGLASS CAP TO 98 WINDSTAR VAN THAN TO THE FREESTAR AND CAN LOAD AS MUCH OR MORE DUE TO NO WHEEL WELLS IN THE WAY AS IN PICK UP BED. WENT TO THE FREESTAR WHICH ELIMINATED REMOVING THE THIRD SEAT AS IN THE WINDSTAR. WHAT I NEED IS FOLD DOWN SECOND ROW SEATS AS THEY ARE HARD AND HEAVY TO REMOVE AND REPLACE.(NOT HANDY)FOR OLDER , SMALLER AND SHORT PEOPLE. I AM 6'1" BUT THEY ARE STILL NOT EASY TO HANDLE .

Absolutely 1st Class Minivan
By Peter Leech on 12/03/04 23:08 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

First Class in everyway for the price!

FreeStar Review
By dorothy haynes on 11/11/04 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

FreeStar has stablility more than I ever imagined and the side airbags that are available are a great added safety feature. The 4.2 engine gives pickup on interstates and town streets. I had a Windstar prior to this and with the FreeStar I actually found something that was even better. My elderly mother gets in easily and my dogs fit in perfectly. I love this van and I would buy it again.

" The Best Minivan!
By Peter Leech on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 3rd Lexus LS400 for this Freestar & enjoy driving it every bit as much!! A few years ago I owned my own Mercedes Dealership for a number of years & I do know & "Love Cars & Driving"! I consider this Freestar a FIRST CLASS VEHICLE. Contact me for any other details!

Good Minivan for the Price
By Sunburn on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Recently bought an 04 SEL after looking at used Grand Caravan SEs. The Freestar was only about $1K more after all the rebates and discounts. The Freestar has far more features for the price. The interior design is good, with lots of storage. The 1st and 2nd row seats are comfortable. The 3rd row is only suitable for adults for very short trips. The bottom cushion is too close to the floor. The powertrain is a mixed bag. The 4.2L has great torque, but can be a bit unrefined at times. The mileage could be better as well. The transmission is unobtrusive. The ride is comfortable and quiet. The handling is good. The build quality appears very good as well. Overall, a good, but not great minivan.

I give it a 10
By Melissa Dobson on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love it. It's easy to get my daughter in and out of the van.

2004 freestar
By debb on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

it rides like a car very smooth and comfortable.