Used 2005 Ford Freestar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

love my minivan
By Cindy

2005 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a '00 Windstar for my Freestar. I love the power sliders. The leather seats are slightly less comfy than the cloth.The well behind the 3rd row is great for groceries, big improvement over the clips on the back of 3rd row in Windstar. Gas mileage is comparable; about 20 mpg in city, took trip and averaged about 24 mpg on the road -- only had 600 miles on it, it was barely broken in so I'm expecting slightly better. Kids love the DVD! I also like the storage improvement in the dash, the drawer keeps things from sliding all over. Overall, it's better than my sister's Odyssey and other sister's Caravan. Has a very quiet motor, no knocks or rattles!

The side power sliders, 3rd row seat storage well, DVD player, soundproofing is great, no motor or road noise!

Leather seats could be a little softer and more comfortable.

Great Van
By Great Van

2005 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my van for a couple of weeks, but so far the family loves it. The kids really like the DVD system and I like the peace and quiet I get when I'm in the car. It seems that this van has something for everyone. The captain chairs in the second row are great. It gives the kids plenty of room to spread out. I love all the storage and the deep space in the back ... no more having to chase the groceries around. Overall I think I made a smart purchase, especially with all the rebates and discount pricing I got a great deal and a great family vehicle.

My favorite features are the captain chairs in the second row, the DVD system so the kids can watch a movie and there are no more radio wars. I especially like the deep space in the back for storage. It's like having a trunk, but if you're short like I am it's easier to get the groceries out.

My first experience at the gas pump was not a pleasant one, but then again I'm sure no matter what you drive these days it's not. I get about 24 miles to the gallon so I can't complain.

Satisfied Freestar Owner
By Jacob

2005 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall we're very satisfied with vehicle. Ride is comfortable. Roomy interior. Decent power. A few problems arose since we drove it off the lot - the power liftgate wasn't closing properly and we noticed the third-row seat pattern was slightly different than the rest of the car, but dealership has been responsive to these issues. NYC area promotion of free DVD player was definitely a plus. Perhaps not as stylish as a Quest or refined as a Sienna or Odyssey, but with all the features we got in our SEL, was thousands less than the competition. Love being able to play DVDs for kids through headphones while retaining control of car stereo.

DVD with wireless headsets and remote. power sliding doors/liftgate. Adjustable petals. Keyless entry. Trip computer. Wood accent on dash. Stereo/DVD controls on steering wheel. Stow-n-go/reverse direction third row seat. Drop-down peripheral rear mirror.

Make drawer under cup-holder slightly larger to hold DVD cases. Improve gas mileage. Offer built-in booster seat. Expand features of trip computer. Replace emergency hand brake with foot brake to create more room in console area. Put storage drawers under front seats. Better styling for boxy dashboard.

Wonderful Family Van
By madmax-ooohhh

2005 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best value over all of the competitors right now with the Family plan and substantial $6000 rebate. Because of this, it is about $4000 less than the competition which makes it a great value. It is not the nest in any category, but is very good in overall ride, comfort, fit/finish, fuel economy, accessibility, practical storage, and passenger comfort.

Stow away 3rd row seat and DVD system. Fit and finish surprisingly great for a domestic. Quiet ride, and great handling for a minivan. Smooth transmission. Powerful engine.

None I can think of.

Reliable, Comfortable, and Family Van
By madmax-ooohhh

2005 Ford Freestar S 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove the New Toyota, Chrysler, and Honda Minivans, but did not feel the additional 4000-8000 premium over a similarly equipped Freestar was worth it. I was pleasantly surprised with the overall fit and finish of the van, and build quality. Only thing it lacks is a AWD option.

Seating comfort, quite and smooth ride, room for all. Very reliable so far!

A AWD (All Wheel Drive option like my previous Subaru Impreza).