Used 2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

I love my minivan
By ARH

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car as a replacement for a 2002 minivan and are still glad we did. It rides like a dream, seats 7 people very comfortably. I like sitting higher when I drive so this really fits the bill. My only problem I'm when I'm doing 65-70 mph I get a 'singing vibration' on the drivers side front. We tried moving the roof rack but that didn't help. So, we live with it & I slow down when I get the noise. Maybe that was the idea in the first place? We remove both seats (easy to do) occasionally & use it as a truck which is handy. We can also sleep back there when we take long trips. Just put down an air mattress & you're good to go.

I like the radio system. The CD sound is good quality and the radio had more range than I originally expected.

Put in some kind of console between the front seats. Put more bag hooks along the back wall for grocery bags.

2005 Freestar
By kevin walsh

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle, purchased from dealer certified with 12K miles & 1 retail owner. $15,600, can't beat that. We like the 2nd row captains seats. Drives as minivan should, solid & rattle free. Completely satisfied.

Seating arrangement w/ quad captain's chair seating.

Better quality plastic on dash, interior.

Not recommended for families
By b austin

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The gas mileage is not good for the amount of comfort and conveniences that a van should provide. The rear seats are not very comfortable for adults. Seat belt reminders are annoying. Tire pressure gauges are very handy. The brakes are prone to glaze over. Maybe they are not equipped for the weight of The vehicle. This surprises me since this vehicle is designed for the "soccer mom". The expense of the vehicle, the cost of fuel, the constant brake repairs, and the cost of registration for the weight of this vehicle are not worth it for the amount of comfort or conveniences supposedly offered in a minivan. I would choose something else if I were looking to take a big loss on this and trade it in.

Delayed shut off of accessories allows you to roll up the windows, hear your radio, and use interior lights until the doors are opened. Warning lights for potential problems are very nice.

Should be better equipped for the price. The engineers should redesign the brake system to allow for the weight of this vehicle. Not a good place to cut costs!

Family of Five
By wlehr

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Plenty of Power. Ample cargo space even w/o folding rear seat into floor. Plenty of leg room for all sizes of passengers. Smooth transmission, Great in the snow. Console not cluttered, can reach all controls w/o taking eyes off of the road. Handy convex mirror for easy passenger viewing. Great family vehicle

Space, Space, Space. Rear seat folds flat. You can fit a twin size mattress on the floor flat w/ 8" to spare front to back. Aux electric in rear is nice for Playstation hookup. You'll never hear "Are we there yet!"

Get the 4.2 for towing, but base engine is fine for basic family, good pick-up on the acceleration. For its intended use, family transportation, this van doesn't need much improvement. The only thing I can think of is if you have the DVD player it would be nice to be able to have the controls in the front console.

An excellent all around vehicle
By Peter Leechh

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My previous vehicle was a late model Lexus LS, a very good car, but I am just as happy driving the Freestar & it is more practical. Highly recommend it!

Style, driving, quiet, rattle free, no trouble!

Better seat folding arrangement to give more usable flat floor area.

• SUV