2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Freestar Perfromance
By Joe on 04/12/05 18:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Great basic van. Very practical. First minivan purchased. 3.9L engine is weak for the weight but delivers good mileage. Excellent safety record.

awesome
By vicki on 04/12/05 17:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a 2 year lease and I got it before a huge snow storm. The vehicle just cruised through the snow with little swerving and sliding. The only complaint I have is the aerodynamics; if you roll down the back window without the front being down your head will pound really bad; otherwise it is good in all conditions and great for carrying things I sell at flea markets and there is plenty of room. Would recommmend for reliability.

Freestar
By Trish on 04/12/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love our Freestar. It has all the options, and is fun and completely practical for our family of seven! I would recommend this minivan to anyone looking for a safe, reliable, family friendly minivan.

NICE VAN
By TREVOR on 04/02/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I found my van to be not like the reviews said it to be - nice interior and great gas economy, and way more torque than any other van. Third row seats fold flat into foor and the DVD system is great for the kids.The bottom line is the vans are all the same but the Ford was way cheaper the Honda or Toyota and I feel the Ford Freestar is just as good as both of those vans. My wife loves the van for it gives her a good view of the road and has adjustable pedals which no other company offers

My Freestar
By Jodi on 03/29/05 12:21 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable. A little lacking in power but a definite sense of security when you drive this vehicle.

Please read before purchasing Freestar
By Paul on 03/26/05 11:46 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This purchase unfortunately has been a disappointment. The Ford dealer was willing to give a good discount but we wound up with a very uncomfortable minivan. The second and third row of seats offer very poor leg room and on long trips it almost becomes unbearable. If I had to do it over again I would have definitely taken a closer look at the Sienna or Odyssey. Ford doesn't have its act together in this car at all.

Best value
By John on 03/22/05 19:08 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

With the marginal press reviews this van gets, discounts are plentiful. Very quiet and comfortable. Zero problems so far.

Freestar
By aperry on 03/19/05 15:04 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This van, while very safe feeling, handles more like a small truck.

About the same as the Windstar
By Family in MI on 03/18/05 09:25 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Windstar which was one big electrical problem. And it seems I just got a new version of the Windstar. Still electrical problems. I've had the electric door module fixed twice in 5 months. The door ajar light stays on with the dome lights when the module goes out. Had the same problem with my Windstar. The quality inside is worse than the Windstar and has cheaper plastic. But it looks nice inside. I just don't feel the quality is there. I don't like that you can't get cloth seats in the Limited. I don't like leather, it's too hard and uncomfortable. I like the van, but it isn't my best choice. I should have shopped better.

Overall, not a good car
By Ian on 03/13/05 07:19 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I thought that the car ran nicly, but after about 3,000 miles we had to take the car in to get the entire electrical system replaced. That was not the problem; they found a problem that the dealer needed a specialist to fix. My children think that the rear seats are too low, and lastly the the interior is already ripping at the seams, literally. So over all this car is not a good car to buy and what I think anyone who is looking at this car to do is buy the competitive Mercury Monterey.