2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Great Van for the Price
By Eric on 08/10/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The Freestar has been a pleasant surprise thus far. The van runs great, and it is nice and roomy. With the rebates and the family plan pricing I only paid $17.5K for a new well equipped SE model. My kids love the DVD feature. My only grip is that the 2nd row seat belts are in the way of the access to the 3rd row. However, overall a great buy!

It's the best
By Adam on 07/08/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2005 Ford Freestar; my kids love the DVD entertainment system and my wife likes how she can start the car with the keyless entry system and just go hop in to her heated seats. I like the 6 disk CD changer also. My kids like that they have some power in the back with the rear controls for the air condition and audio options; we also like the electronic 3 zone climate system. Wow there is just do much stuff about it, I like the message system where the car can check it self. But we mostly love the power sliding doors and liftgate; the power liftgate is the one feature we use the most because everytime we go to buy something we just open or close it with a touch of a button.

don't buy this
By bwmcc on 06/16/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this minivan since Jan '05. This is a company vehicle so luckily i didn't have to buy this. Been in the shop twice for engine knock and check engine light. Had to replace the gas tank and the knock is better but still there at highway speeds. Was in the shop total of 9 days. If this was my personal vehicle I would be very annoyed. Give me my Caravan back!

On par with other vehicles I've owned
By Dave on 06/11/05 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

If you want a solid minivan then you should consider this one. I looked at the other competitors and they're all great. I made the final decision on price and dealer experience. My second choice was the Nissan, third Honda, and last Toyota. I simply refuse to buy a Toyota because the dealers never budge on price. I've driven Ford and Nissan products and will stick with them in the future.

Rattles and noises
By James Littlefield on 05/25/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Isn't it possible for Ford to build an auto that doesn't have rattles in it and doesn't sound like a cement mixer when idling? Friends of ours have a new Toyoda van and when idling, it is impossible to hear it running. My new Freestar sounds like a cement mixer compared to the Toyota. Also at times there is a noise from behind the dash that sounds 100% like a tuning fork. Have taken van back to garage, and of course it doesn't act up! Am I the only one that has had these problems?

Fab Freestar
By Howard Groce on 05/23/05 07:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Freestar in September 2004 and have really enjoyed it. Styling is outstanding and reliability is unquestionable. Fuel economy is less than I had expected.

love it
By ny driver on 05/01/05 02:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love everything about this vehicle. The only con is the plastic interior compared to the upholstered Windstar. Great driving and solid. Wish the DVD player did not block the rear window.

Freestar sets you free
By Chip on 04/25/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Freestar is perfect for a VMI conversion for handicapped drivers! The ride is smooth, especially on the highway. The is not much wind noise, either. My conversion adds A LOT of weight and modifies the aerodynamics to the van which hinders fuel economy slightly.

Traded a Lexus LS400
By Peter Leech on 04/24/05 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had the slightest trouble & I cannot believe how well it handles, rides, looks etc. I was a new car dealer myself for a number of years, Ford, Chev-Olds, Mercedes Benz, & a BIG used car operation. Also raced production cars for years. My Freestar starts, stops, handles, is completely rattle free, very good stereo & DVD set up, tows well with factory trailer towing equipment, reasonable price for such a satisfactory vehicle. A Honda dealer friend lent me an Odyssey for a week & I decided that overall I considered the Freestar Limited to be the better vehicle.

good minivan
By dalereid on 04/21/05 00:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had mine for a short time but I feel that, so far, it is a nice van at a decent price. The engine seems to have ample power with reasonable fuel mileage.