Used 2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

Solid
By hams

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van because we got a great deal on it and we were looking for a reliable vehicle for our daughter to drive with a good safety rating. We've had good luck with Fords in the past and currently own a '99 Windstar with 108K and a '95 Explorer with 118K. We fully expect this baby to give us another good 100K.

Solid construction. It just feels well built. Smooth tranny. Quick starts. Plenty of power. Pretty good mileage for van this size. Well designed cruise control, no surging. The fold away rear seat is very convenient for loading in bicycles or big items without having to remove the seat.

One thing drives me a little nuts. There are no keyholes anywhere but on the driver side door so if I only have the key I can't open the passenger door or the rear lift without opening the driver's door.

Fords make me uneasy
By Dale

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the minivan because it works for my daughter in a wheel chair but I am concerned. The electric locks only work half the time and the front heater has cut out once. In both cases Ford repaired the problem under waranty but I hope once the 60,000ks are up I will not have many more problems. If buying new, don't buy the toys - they are only a nightmare. Poor gas mileage but nice and roomy. Runs nice.

The best thing about this van is that the rear seats fold into the floor, great idea. The rear heater keeps the back warm for the kids.

Electronics that can be depended upon. Better gas economy.

Just a fun car
By tarkin1944

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been so much fun to own and drive. I'm a good driver and drive conservatively. The body part fits are wonderful and the interior is beautiful for a minivan. I only wish that Ford would continue to build them.

The car is just loaded with all the important features a driver would want, music, lighting, rear sensors, smoothness on the road, etc.

Really at this point I can not think of anything more then what it already has.

Freestar-Limited
By Romeo Pierre

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable to drive. Excellent viewing of the road. Bright light to drive at night, very spacious cargo space, very quite on the road, not bad on gas 22 miles a gallon on highway.

Bucket heated power seat.

Better gas millage, 5 speed transmission will sure make the different.

Love my Freestar
By Fred

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Ford van...a real power van that has you up and going quickly. Gas mileage isn't up to our expectations.

Acceleration, automatic headlights.