2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Not recommended for families
By b austin on 05/16/06 09:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The gas mileage is not good for the amount of comfort and conveniences that a van should provide. The rear seats are not very comfortable for adults. Seat belt reminders are annoying. Tire pressure gauges are very handy. The brakes are prone to glaze over. Maybe they are not equipped for the weight of The vehicle. This surprises me since this vehicle is designed for the "soccer mom". The expense of the vehicle, the cost of fuel, the constant brake repairs, and the cost of registration for the weight of this vehicle are not worth it for the amount of comfort or conveniences supposedly offered in a minivan. I would choose something else if I were looking to take a big loss on this and trade it in.

Family of Five
By wlehr on 12/13/05 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Plenty of Power. Ample cargo space even w/o folding rear seat into floor. Plenty of leg room for all sizes of passengers. Smooth transmission, Great in the snow. Console not cluttered, can reach all controls w/o taking eyes off of the road. Handy convex mirror for easy passenger viewing. Great family vehicle

An excellent all around vehicle
By Peter Leechh on 10/24/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My previous vehicle was a late model Lexus LS, a very good car, but I am just as happy driving the Freestar & it is more practical. Highly recommend it!

Great Van for the Money
By F.J. Rogers on 09/04/05 02:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The Freestar is a very good value for the dollar. The 3.9 engine performs and offers good fuel mileage. The van's design offers good visibility and the controls and gauges are all in the right places. There is good driver and front passenger leg room. The third seat is a little cramped, a complaint that is common for most minivans. When equipped, the van will tow 3,500 lbs., allowing for a small family boat or utility trailer to be pulled. Once again a good value in the minivan market.

Great Family-Mobile
By truckboy1 on 08/29/05 16:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My family loves this van, and visitors and guests love the comfort of the ride compared to my previous BMW sedan. Plenty of room when relatives ride along, and it has not let us down yet when it comes to reliability. My visiting parents commented how impressed they were with the quality of this Ford. My father had previously sworn-off Fords after his earlier fiasco with his Mustang decades ago.

love my minivan
By Cindy on 08/29/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a '00 Windstar for my Freestar. I love the power sliders. The leather seats are slightly less comfy than the cloth.The well behind the 3rd row is great for groceries, big improvement over the clips on the back of 3rd row in Windstar. Gas mileage is comparable; about 20 mpg in city, took trip and averaged about 24 mpg on the road -- only had 600 miles on it, it was barely broken in so I'm expecting slightly better. Kids love the DVD! I also like the storage improvement in the dash, the drawer keeps things from sliding all over. Overall, it's better than my sister's Odyssey and other sister's Caravan. Has a very quiet motor, no knocks or rattles!

Great Van
By Great Van on 08/27/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my van for a couple of weeks, but so far the family loves it. The kids really like the DVD system and I like the peace and quiet I get when I'm in the car. It seems that this van has something for everyone. The captain chairs in the second row are great. It gives the kids plenty of room to spread out. I love all the storage and the deep space in the back ... no more having to chase the groceries around. Overall I think I made a smart purchase, especially with all the rebates and discount pricing I got a great deal and a great family vehicle.

Satisfied Freestar Owner
By Jacob on 08/23/05 15:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall we're very satisfied with vehicle. Ride is comfortable. Roomy interior. Decent power. A few problems arose since we drove it off the lot - the power liftgate wasn't closing properly and we noticed the third-row seat pattern was slightly different than the rest of the car, but dealership has been responsive to these issues. NYC area promotion of free DVD player was definitely a plus. Perhaps not as stylish as a Quest or refined as a Sienna or Odyssey, but with all the features we got in our SEL, was thousands less than the competition. Love being able to play DVDs for kids through headphones while retaining control of car stereo.

Wonderful Family Van
By madmax-ooohhh on 08/19/05 01:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best value over all of the competitors right now with the Family plan and substantial $6000 rebate. Because of this, it is about $4000 less than the competition which makes it a great value. It is not the nest in any category, but is very good in overall ride, comfort, fit/finish, fuel economy, accessibility, practical storage, and passenger comfort.

Reliable, Comfortable, and Family Van
By madmax-ooohhh on 08/14/05 01:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove the New Toyota, Chrysler, and Honda Minivans, but did not feel the additional 4000-8000 premium over a similarly equipped Freestar was worth it. I was pleasantly surprised with the overall fit and finish of the van, and build quality. Only thing it lacks is a AWD option.