2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
By Louise on 06/12/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our van a month and love it! It is actually fun to drive! We have plenty of room and there is a DVD player for our grandkids!! If you're looking for a sporty reliable van this is the one to get!

What I Like About My Van
By Ginger on 12/03/07 16:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving this vehicle. It is comfortable and easy to park. I find that my gas mileage is about 22 mpg. on the freeway and slightly less in town. Most of my driving is work related and I have more than enough cargo space. I have never had any problems mechanically, as I am very careful following the manufacturers service instructions.

Freestar transmission failure
By last_ford on 10/04/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have an 05' Ford Freestar the rear brakes went bad after 22,000 miles and now at 37000 miles the transmission has had an "internal failure" of the fluid pump resulting in the need for a new transmission for $3500. The mechanic at Ford (with 22 years experience) has never seen this before, yet Ford will not cover the repair because it is 1200 miles over the bumper-to-bumper warranty. The main reason why Ford does not increase their warranty to 5years/60,000 miles is beacuse most of their vehicles would not make it that long without some type of failure. Ford Motor Co has refused to help and so has the dealer-very frustrated-WILL NEVER BUY FORD AGAIN and neither should anyone else.

Solid
By hams on 06/14/07 07:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van because we got a great deal on it and we were looking for a reliable vehicle for our daughter to drive with a good safety rating. We've had good luck with Fords in the past and currently own a '99 Windstar with 108K and a '95 Explorer with 118K. We fully expect this baby to give us another good 100K.

Fords make me uneasy
By Dale on 02/07/07 06:25 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the minivan because it works for my daughter in a wheel chair but I am concerned. The electric locks only work half the time and the front heater has cut out once. In both cases Ford repaired the problem under waranty but I hope once the 60,000ks are up I will not have many more problems. If buying new, don't buy the toys - they are only a nightmare. Poor gas mileage but nice and roomy. Runs nice.

Just a fun car
By tarkin1944 on 01/29/07 09:57 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been so much fun to own and drive. I'm a good driver and drive conservatively. The body part fits are wonderful and the interior is beautiful for a minivan. I only wish that Ford would continue to build them.

Freestar-Limited
By Romeo Pierre on 11/12/06 19:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable to drive. Excellent viewing of the road. Bright light to drive at night, very spacious cargo space, very quite on the road, not bad on gas 22 miles a gallon on highway.

Love my Freestar
By Fred on 11/10/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Ford van...a real power van that has you up and going quickly. Gas mileage isn't up to our expectations.

I love my minivan
By ARH on 09/04/06 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car as a replacement for a 2002 minivan and are still glad we did. It rides like a dream, seats 7 people very comfortably. I like sitting higher when I drive so this really fits the bill. My only problem I'm when I'm doing 65-70 mph I get a 'singing vibration' on the drivers side front. We tried moving the roof rack but that didn't help. So, we live with it & I slow down when I get the noise. Maybe that was the idea in the first place? We remove both seats (easy to do) occasionally & use it as a truck which is handy. We can also sleep back there when we take long trips. Just put down an air mattress & you're good to go.

2005 Freestar
By kevin walsh on 08/25/06 14:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle, purchased from dealer certified with 12K miles & 1 retail owner. $15,600, can't beat that. We like the 2nd row captains seats. Drives as minivan should, solid & rattle free. Completely satisfied.