2005 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Love it!
By Randy on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this van. It gets good gas mileage (23 mpg) and is very comfortable. I just drove it on a 1000 mile trip and had a blast!

Just a fun car
By tarkin1944 on 01/29/07 09:57 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been so much fun to own and drive. I'm a good driver and drive conservatively. The body part fits are wonderful and the interior is beautiful for a minivan. I only wish that Ford would continue to build them.

Freestar-Limited
By Romeo Pierre on 11/12/06 19:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable to drive. Excellent viewing of the road. Bright light to drive at night, very spacious cargo space, very quite on the road, not bad on gas 22 miles a gallon on highway.

An excellent all around vehicle
By Peter Leechh on 10/24/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My previous vehicle was a late model Lexus LS, a very good car, but I am just as happy driving the Freestar & it is more practical. Highly recommend it!

It's the best
By Adam on 07/08/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2005 Ford Freestar; my kids love the DVD entertainment system and my wife likes how she can start the car with the keyless entry system and just go hop in to her heated seats. I like the 6 disk CD changer also. My kids like that they have some power in the back with the rear controls for the air condition and audio options; we also like the electronic 3 zone climate system. Wow there is just do much stuff about it, I like the message system where the car can check it self. But we mostly love the power sliding doors and liftgate; the power liftgate is the one feature we use the most because everytime we go to buy something we just open or close it with a touch of a button.

love it
By ny driver on 05/01/05 02:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love everything about this vehicle. The only con is the plastic interior compared to the upholstered Windstar. Great driving and solid. Wish the DVD player did not block the rear window.

Freestar sets you free
By Chip on 04/25/05 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Freestar is perfect for a VMI conversion for handicapped drivers! The ride is smooth, especially on the highway. The is not much wind noise, either. My conversion adds A LOT of weight and modifies the aerodynamics to the van which hinders fuel economy slightly.

Traded a Lexus LS400
By Peter Leech on 04/24/05 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had the slightest trouble & I cannot believe how well it handles, rides, looks etc. I was a new car dealer myself for a number of years, Ford, Chev-Olds, Mercedes Benz, & a BIG used car operation. Also raced production cars for years. My Freestar starts, stops, handles, is completely rattle free, very good stereo & DVD set up, tows well with factory trailer towing equipment, reasonable price for such a satisfactory vehicle. A Honda dealer friend lent me an Odyssey for a week & I decided that overall I considered the Freestar Limited to be the better vehicle.

Freestar
By Trish on 04/12/05 15:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love our Freestar. It has all the options, and is fun and completely practical for our family of seven! I would recommend this minivan to anyone looking for a safe, reliable, family friendly minivan.

About the same as the Windstar
By Family in MI on 03/18/05 09:25 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Windstar which was one big electrical problem. And it seems I just got a new version of the Windstar. Still electrical problems. I've had the electric door module fixed twice in 5 months. The door ajar light stays on with the dome lights when the module goes out. Had the same problem with my Windstar. The quality inside is worse than the Windstar and has cheaper plastic. But it looks nice inside. I just don't feel the quality is there. I don't like that you can't get cloth seats in the Limited. I don't like leather, it's too hard and uncomfortable. I like the van, but it isn't my best choice. I should have shopped better.