We Love the Freestar
By brucef on
2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)
This is my favorite car since my 98 Volvo V70 wagon. Design and driving wise it reminds me alot of the V70. It has a great ride quality (but not car like), very very comfortable seating (1st and 2nd row), steering and brakes have excellent feel and the handling is flat and taut. Interior design is clean looking and the exterior is clean and handsome (I've had a surpising number of comments on it). It is very quiet and the 3.9 liter is quite smooth and quite (no truck-like droning here). The transmission shifting is almost unnoticable...like the V70. Like the base engine in the V70 the 3.9 is adequate, not overpowered but with a flawless character. The upperend stereo sound is quite good.
Favorite Features
Exterior design...Interior design (great looking)...Excellent driving position and front seat comfort (front seat design is like right out of Volvo)...Ride quality (I like the very refined somewhat truck-like character.. takes bumps)..the electronic brake force balance is great...four wheel discs...
Suggested Improvements
Folding third row seat is too low to comfortably accomodate larger kids or adults (disapointing)...more horsepower (3.9 liters should be making about 220 hp or more)..use more marproof interior plastics (those in my old 91 Taurus wagon and the 98 V70 were virtually marproof.i.e kidproof and dogproof