2004 Ford Freestar Consumer Review: A major disappointment

2004 Ford Freestar - Consumer Review

SE Passenger Minivan (3.9L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A major disappointment
By skihighdj on

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

There is a serious mechanical design flaw that has been undiagnosed. Do your research! It is sickening to see how many people have had problems with these minivans breaking down. Some think it is transmission, others some sort of electrical problem. At any rate, it is not a safe situation! I loved my van, I just wish someone could make it run right. I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee (which I would give rave reviews for) something newer that I could rely on. I should have kept my Jeep and fixed it when it broke. At least I wouldn't be paying a monthly payment and full coverage insurance while I was sinking money that I don't have in to it!

Favorite Features

The heat/air distributes evenly throughout the vehicle and in to the 3rd row seat. The DVD player was the selling point though!

Suggested Improvements

Ford Motors needs to stand behind their workmanship and try to make things right! This is the first and last Ford product I will ever buy! I will tell everyone! I am a firm believer in buying American made. I have never owned a foreign car, but my next one will most likely be!