2004 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
Bought it for price
By shoob on 04/01/05 22:22 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought Freestar SEL 4.2 for $14,800. 2004 leftover - list price $30,440. Van rides nice so far. Concerned about the electronic problems. The day i picked it up the driver door lock was not working. 5 days later indash 6 CD player not working and had to be replaced. I have 1,000 miles and I have to bring it in to get the brakes checked out. When applied hard there's a lot of vibration. Van is good looking and feels safe. The fuel economy could be improved along with the horsepower. We were going to buy a used Odyessy but we couldn't pass up the discount and rebates from Ford. Interior design looks cheap and cold. I suggest buying extended warranty.

Great Value
By DJ on 03/16/05 08:33 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just replaced my old Windstar and this van is terrific. It does everything better. It only has a couple thousand miles but I could not happier, the value was incredible. I got a loaded vehicle for about $22 K. So far I have not had any issues and would recommend this van.

2nd van in 5 months
By Bob Folger on 11/15/04 10:03 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have three young kids and rely heavily on the automatic doors and the seating for my kids to be able to get in and out of. The first two months of ownership we had repeated automatic door issues! It would open on its own, or not close when the button was pushed etc... The electronics on this vehicle I beleive are poor! The couple of months our van was in the shop more than at our house. Finally Ford broke down and gave us another van! I am writing this review because the problem just started again on the other psgr. door. We are on our way in to get a loaner. I am very surprised to see the high reviews of others but encouraged that maybe the two lemons that I got are just a fluke.

i love my freestar
By pARALEGAL34 on 11/06/04 09:57 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Its a great van ,love the color ..the room is great also ..THANK YOU FORD !

Love it!
By noribabe on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have driven Explorers in the past, but this is much better for us, as we are in our 70's and are looking for roominess and comfort now. It has great visability, and handles like a dream, and is so easy to get in and out of. tho we still feel as tho we have the height and safty of the Explorer, and tho it is not a 4x4, it is front wheel drive, and we grew up in the east, so the snow here in Flagstaff doesn't really hold any problem for us! It is nice for taking our family places also. I can't say enough good things about it, and also the dealership. They were and are great!

perfect
By slotlady on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love the room -the handle-the speed color-interior and outside interior-

The Best keeps getting Better
By Lenny722 on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Ford minivan I have purchused and I feel safe on the highway and around the city. Confort is outstanding for a minivan along with a quite tight ride better then any other minivan. The look of the 2004 Freestar stands apart from the sameold bullet looking style of other minivans, It looks in a class of it's own with stylish body sculpturing, headlighting all in a hermeticly attractive look. I feel proud driving the Ford Freestar and take advantage of any chance to show it off, But that is something that Freestar does well by itself.

Minivan is a minivan
By tjnb on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the way this van rides. It has a very smooth feel. The tranny shifts smoothly and the seats are very comfortable. Love the tailgate seat.

just don't like it
By tbogg on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

wish I would have gotten a different mini van. Am very disappointed in the freestar. What a waste of money

comparing 2000 windstar/ 2004 freestat
By miro kubala on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Our new 2004 freestar is much quieter and the 4.2 liter power plant is much more reponsive than the 3.8 engine of our2000 windstar.The instrument cluster is much nicer in the freestar and the fold down rear seats will eliminate many hernia operations