Used 2004 Ford Freestar Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

Yikes! Don"t ever purchase!
By Jim

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Last September my wife and myself purchased one of these dang vans, well folks in been nightmare after nightmare. We'll put a whooping $5000 in repairs in the van to this point. Oil cooler lines and cooler. transmission, oh and another thing the three back spark plugs where ceased in the motor. And they where the original plugs. And then was the brakes. Another nightmare and another $1900. Yeah, if you're rich and want to get poor fast, then purchase on of these crappy, money taking vans. But don't say I didn't warn you. Run. If the dealer trying to sell you one. Fast! Are you running yet!

Well hmm, the video player but wait my kids never really used it, so not a darn thing. ok, well the radio and that's it.

Ford should be embarrassed they ever put this van on the market. My suggestion is to stop selling the money pits, pieces of crap.

Great van
By James Patterson

2004 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great van. Plenty of zip off the 4.2 L, and we can get 500+ miles to a tank (according to the digital readout) with only $40 in the tank. The van has so many features I still haven't gotten them all figured out. Very quiet inside while on the move. We opted out of the DVD system and tow package but we got everything else. We bought our own center console since ours didn't come with one. No major mechanical problems.

plenty of zip lots of features

not much.

Transmission failure at 91,000 miles
By maria

2004 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The car was fine, even my kids loved driving it but the transmission failed even with good maintenance. I'm disappointed. Our temp gauge failed during the 2nd year of use.

Build better long lasting transmissions.

If it blows up tomorrow I won't miss it!
By alwayscrazy

2004 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the van in 2004 since then you name it it has broke the 6 disk cd player (twice) window controls, seat belts, 3rd row bench, brakes, a/c, calipers, horn, passenger sliding door groans (had it in the shop numerous times), the sliding door locks don't always work (been fixed many times, wheel bearings, and much more. Warranty runs out soon don't know what we will do then. Will never buy a Ford again, the freestar has ruined it. Thanks Ford

not really

everything, give me back my money

Don't buy it
By Chris is PA

2004 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this brand new. They don't even give me enough space to go through all the problems. It was an electrical nightmare - the radio wouldn't shut off and killed the battery. Went though four batteries. got a new computer, new radio. Both power window motors replaced. On my third set of roters, calipers, brakes. Changed ABS sensors, a half shaft, a egr sensor and now my transmission is acting up. These are the things I can remember.there are more. I have 90000 miles, but problems started about six months in to me owning it. This has to be the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Looking at trading it in on a Honda Odessey before the transmission ends up going!!

My seat is comfy??

Recall the entire vehicle and give me my $30000 back Ford!