Used 2004 Ford Freestar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

Water in trans twice
By tiger

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Title says it all new tires at 22,000 miles water in trans at 28,000 miles ign coil out at 29,500 oh water in trans again at 34,850 miles now sitting there till I get 2800 bucks and I'm on disability so 5 years I get it fixed bad on gas to hope another Katrina doesn't come

nice ride

recall recall recall

junk junk junk
By HORRRIBLE FORRRD

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan S 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our van since 05. we have replaced transmission twice, rack, tires, brakes, now the passenger window motor is out which is the least of our problems, since our van will not go again, tranny shop apparently just doesn't want to deal with it, keep getting told to change this change that what a piece of crap. we are still making payments on it and haven't been able to drive it since June with three kids and two jobs just to get by i have to drive my winter vehicle to make it work which is horrible on gas and who can AFFORD to keep replacing parts to get it right, everyone keeps saying its something else with tranny but don't have another 3000 to fix that again guess I'm stuck

none

where do we start

Yikes! Don"t ever purchase!
By Jim

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Last September my wife and myself purchased one of these dang vans, well folks in been nightmare after nightmare. We'll put a whooping $5000 in repairs in the van to this point. Oil cooler lines and cooler. transmission, oh and another thing the three back spark plugs where ceased in the motor. And they where the original plugs. And then was the brakes. Another nightmare and another $1900. Yeah, if you're rich and want to get poor fast, then purchase on of these crappy, money taking vans. But don't say I didn't warn you. Run. If the dealer trying to sell you one. Fast! Are you running yet!

Well hmm, the video player but wait my kids never really used it, so not a darn thing. ok, well the radio and that's it.

Ford should be embarrassed they ever put this van on the market. My suggestion is to stop selling the money pits, pieces of crap.

Great van
By James Patterson

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great van. Plenty of zip off the 4.2 L, and we can get 500+ miles to a tank (according to the digital readout) with only $40 in the tank. The van has so many features I still haven't gotten them all figured out. Very quiet inside while on the move. We opted out of the DVD system and tow package but we got everything else. We bought our own center console since ours didn't come with one. No major mechanical problems.

plenty of zip lots of features

not much.

Transmission failure at 91,000 miles
By maria

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The car was fine, even my kids loved driving it but the transmission failed even with good maintenance. I'm disappointed. Our temp gauge failed during the 2nd year of use.

Build better long lasting transmissions.