2004 Ford Freestar Consumer Review: 2nd van in 5 months

2004 Ford Freestar - Consumer Review

2nd van in 5 months
By Bob Folger on

2004 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have three young kids and rely heavily on the automatic doors and the seating for my kids to be able to get in and out of. The first two months of ownership we had repeated automatic door issues! It would open on its own, or not close when the button was pushed etc... The electronics on this vehicle I beleive are poor! The couple of months our van was in the shop more than at our house. Finally Ford broke down and gave us another van! I am writing this review because the problem just started again on the other psgr. door. We are on our way in to get a loaner. I am very surprised to see the high reviews of others but encouraged that maybe the two lemons that I got are just a fluke.

Ford service has been impeccable. I gave them kudos for that. Acceleration is good. the rear bumper sensors to me are important. I like the space in the rear of the vehicle, it is sufficient for strollers, groceries and toys.

electronics, electronics, electronics