2004 Ford Freestar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
surprised
By notavanman on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Shopped toyota and nissan, but the freestar had superior features, safety and price. suprised how much i like this van. this is my first ford but not my last.

My New Freestar
By Pamela Canfield on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is wonderful! I have owned Caravan, Windstar and 2 Explorers before this. I do not even have young children to cart around any more but missed all the comfort and roominess of a minivan. As a mother of grown & nearly grown children & new grandma I am probably not a typical minivan owner. The ride is the smoothest yet and everything is at my fingertips. It is fun to drive and I am proud to own it.

Thanks Ford!
By T. G. Gibson on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Owned a Windstar previously, NO comparison! Not only enjoyable to drive, but the bigger engine gives the Freestar new energy.

Not as good as a Chrysler
By Tsunami on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this vehicle for a little over six months and it has spent six days in the shop. The uphill pull is gutlessn and there is not a lot of torque going up steep grades. The fuel economy hasn't been even close to to the posted estimates at the dealer and the overall ride isn't as smooth as a Chrysler.

freestar
By sstmfadwn on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

it is the best van you would ever drive

I love my Freestar
By SSugar on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my FreeStar ..If i had to say anything at all it would have to be that the SEATS aren't as comfortable as they should be ..I 'm not a lg lady so it fits me good but when guys get into the van they say the seats are made small..

Freestar SE... give me back my windstar!
By ThunderBay on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The seating arangements in this van are terrible. Don't buy it if you have more than two kids. The middle seats don't move fore/aft. The rear seat is only fit for small kids. Also you will never get 6 adults in this van. The rear seat folds up with great ease, but it would have been cheaper to just leave it out altogether. It is useless for anyone over 4 feet tall. This is basically a 4 passenger vehicle. Test drive this one for at least a couple of hours to make sure it works for you... beware!!!

Freestar Limited
By Musky Man on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had a 1999 Windstar and put 115000 miles. Repairs totaled $450. We find the Freestar to be very solid, quiet and comfortable. Milage is about the same as the Windstar. We looked at Toyota, Honda and Dodge. Freestar was the best for us and we do not regret the purchase.

Look again
By farealjace on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar SES 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The numerous dual tier layers of storage in the doors. The stnd. fold and flip third row seat with the tailgating feature. Storage tub in the rear, it helps avoid groceries from rolling all over the vehicle when suddenly braking. ABS and 4 wheel disc brakes are a standard feature. It's also very easy to enter the third row seat from the second row unlike the Caravan. And the seats fold forward easily without using cheap tethers. And as far as performance this is the first one I've seen with a 4.2 liter engine. It rides like a dream.

Freestar won my heart!
By KennyMA on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For anyone who has been looking at Minivans, you can't beat the Ford Freestar for the money. The torque is unbelievable (4.2L) and the third row seat is great. I'm not sure if I'll ever use the tailgating feature, but it's sure nice to have it if you need it. The way the seat folds to the floor is the best design. I can store pretty much anything in there. I'm very happy and I can't believe I've found a minivan for my wife that I enjoy driving.