2004 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
My Freestar
By GrmaSugr on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Ford Freestar, so far. Have only had it for about 2 months..so far, it is great...

another winner by Ford
By Mini on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 Windstars prior to getting the Freestar. Ford has improved on the previous Windstar. This is the best yet.

I Love my Freesstar Van
By brenda hagan on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many vans and cars ( mostly neww ones )BUT when i bought my Freestar Van ..I fell in Love with it ..Its great! It has everything i want in a van plus more ..I always make up places to go just to drive it ..Thank You Ford You out did yourselves with the new Ford Freestar..

Not for big men
By ShelbyJock on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Short version of the story. I'm 6'5" and wear a 14EEE shoe. This is a fleet car, so little choice as to options. When driving, my right shoe is under the brake pedal. If I have to stop in a panic, top of said foot hits a duct, and I end up with my foot trapped between throttle and bottom of brake. Solution? Drive barefoot. Vehicle is almost identical to the Windstar. Less power, more quiet. Handles about like expected - like a brick suspended on rubber bands. A/C seems adequate, though only just. Stereo is fair. Fuel economy is a bit better than the Windstar, but really gets about 19 highway and a bit less in normal use (about 17).

egostar
By FB/Fred on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Horn did not work, Cruise did not work, Brakes grind as if metal on metal, Does not handle well in the wind. Poor fuel economy. defective design in the seatbelt retraction system. Seat belt continues to hang up in door.

Awesome Van !
By clare on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this van !! This is my 3rd Windstar/Freestar and I wouldnt drive anything else! It has lots of room, its great looking and my dealer takes care of everything I need.

Almost A Perfect Van
By Loyal Ford Buyer on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Owned a Mercury Villager before this vehicle. This is more spacious and has a much better ride. Second row of captain seats are a little narrow for an adult and the rear seat has little leg room for an adult and is uncomfortable for two. Rear restraint for a child hangs down from the ceiling and can be distracting when looking in the rear view mirror. When passengers in the rear are watching a DVD forget about seeing anything in the rear view mirror. When dropping kids off for sports and the van is running exhaust fumes enter van when tailgate is open.

Best ever
By seller on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great van for the do everything family. Sound systen is awesome, as well as the overall comfort of the van. Ford really did their homework on this model.Great engine with the 4.2 litre, it actually drives like a car! The power side doors with synchronized turn signals on the mirror are great for dropping the kids off for school or anywhere.

Freestar's A Winner
By Twavic on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my new Freestar. I have owned several Windstars and my biggest complaint was always their lack of pep. Not so with the Freestar -- its new engine size offers pep, easy handling, interior comfort and top notch safety features. I love this mini van enough to want to sell it -- being a fussy owner, that's saying a lot. Congrats to Ford on a real winner.

Comfort plus
By greylady on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

it is the most comfortable car i have ever driven, I love the interior its like i am in my living room. The only item I would change is to be able to open the rear window.