Used 2004 Ford Freestar SE Minivan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:

Love My Ford Freestar SE 6 CYL
By Marian Crawford

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

There is or was a RECALL on the TORQUE CONVERTER and Installing Seat Belts Safety Latchets or Locks for the third row seats.

Transmission
By Arlington

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I had a little over 92,000 miles on the van and the transmission went out. A list of problems was wrong with it for one is the torque converter. got it back and the EGR Valve went out.

My Money Pit is my Freestar
By Never a Ford Owner A

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car has always been a problem. It squeaks, it groans and it is a money pit. Brake issues, air conditioning failures, different sensors needing to be replaced and now the transmission is shot. It will cost more to replace the transmission than the car is actually worth if I sold it on my own and not traded it in! I would not wish this car on my worst enemy, if I had an enemy that is. It is a miserable car. The only redeeming quality to it is the interior. I love the seats and the hauling capacity but there is absolutely nothing else good about this car. It is no surprise that Ford does not make a mini van anymore. What a lemon.

the seating and the hauling capacity

recall this car. There are just too many problems with it.

Yikes! Don"t ever purchase!
By Jim

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Last September my wife and myself purchased one of these dang vans, well folks in been nightmare after nightmare. We'll put a whooping $5000 in repairs in the van to this point. Oil cooler lines and cooler. transmission, oh and another thing the three back spark plugs where ceased in the motor. And they where the original plugs. And then was the brakes. Another nightmare and another $1900. Yeah, if you're rich and want to get poor fast, then purchase on of these crappy, money taking vans. But don't say I didn't warn you. Run. If the dealer trying to sell you one. Fast! Are you running yet!

Well hmm, the video player but wait my kids never really used it, so not a darn thing. ok, well the radio and that's it.

Ford should be embarrassed they ever put this van on the market. My suggestion is to stop selling the money pits, pieces of crap.

Bad Deal for Ford
By kim

2004 Ford Freestar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

When my husband first brought van we had problems with the a/c not cooling like it supposed to. Brought it back to the dealership about 3 times for the a/c until they finally fixed it. Then for some unknown rest one of my hoses had gotten a hole in it and thats when more problems started. I have changed the mass air sensor on it now my egr vale needs changing, my brakes needs changing it kills on me at a red light or stop signs it is jerking on me while I am driving. My engine light stays on and goes off when it is ready. I don't want no more minivan or vehicles from ford.

Alot of space and room for the kids.

Stop making the Freestar for customers to buy.