2015 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Poor Car
By Karen Frye

2015 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If I would have read the reviews before I bought this car I would have never bought it. Culutch issues Ford refuses to fix it because its not bad enough to replace yet. Over all the car is nice, its sporty, drives good. I have always stood by a ford Not sure now Stay away from Ford Focus

STAY AWAY
By annoyed focus owner

2015 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year and I have hated every single day with it. The car looks nice and has some nice features such as heated seats, heated steering wheel, back up camera and parking sensors, but the way it drives is absolutely terrible. This car does not drive like a normal car should. It is very very hesitant when you need to get up and go. Starting off it shutters like its about to stall. At first it was ok but it gets very annoying after a while and at this point I am looking at every option to get rid of this car. It also has a cheap build quality. I have had to had my rear passenger door adjusted because it was falling of the hinges. My drivers seat always comes loose and moves around while I am driving. Mind you this car is not even a year old. I have had to replace bulbs multiple times as well. I would HIGHLY recommend staying away from buying/leasing this car. There are so many other options and better cars for the money than this terrible car.

SHOP AROUND BEFORE YOU BUY
By Very Disappointed

2015 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sadly, I didn't read the reviews before I bought this car. The transmission is horrible and I'm told that's the way it is. First and last Ford product I will buy. It's been in the shop twice already and I've only owned it for 8 months. Air condition module had to be replaced and a fuse was blown in addition to all the transmission issues. Stay away from this car!

Don't buy this car!
By Archer

2015 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2015 Ford Focus. After 3,000 miles the transmission issue started, I thought it needed an oil change, but after another 3,000 miles I took the car in to be looked at and was told there was no fix! All they can do is change the clutch assembly and I would probably be back every 3,000 miles to fix the issue again! After the warranty runs out I have to pay for the issue. I looked it up and the 2011-2015 Ford Focus and fiesta all have this same problem.

If it wasn't for the horrible windshield..
By Jeff Crouch

2015 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just finished mediation with BBB about a ghosting issue and Ford basically said it isn't their problem since the windshield isn't under warranty. And a defect isn't their problem. Check out my post in FocusFanatics. Under the MK3 thread. You will also read up on many issues that enthusiasts like myself have been shoveled. The only thing Ford does is has a tech go on and say that they'll escalate the issue. Which is a joke. Ford has just lost me as a new car customer. My wife had better luck with her 2014 Fiat 500L built in Bosnia. If it wasn't fr the windshield issue and the horrible exerience with Ford, I'd love this car. Oh and beware. Ford will close your case in customer service without notifying you. I had to call to find this out. I'm looking into filing a lawsuit and hoping to find more with the same issue.