2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Consider something else
By Joyce Sykes

2015 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have no idea where to even begin, but so far with just 9,000 miles on this car, it needs quite a bit of work. The wipers act like rain sensing wipers, which I do not have. The heater when on level 4 acts like it has climate control, which it does not and also likes to come on when I start the car (I shut it completely off when shut off the car) and then it takes five or six tries before it will stay off. I have a belt that squeels when I start the car. The shifting of this car is a laugh as it has more noises that I can count and they told me that was normal. The way this car acts, I am afraid of what will happen when the warranty runs out. I just have the feeling that this car will not be reliable at all. The postivies of the car are I like the color (performance blue), I love the heated seats and heated steering wheel. These are the only two things that actual work right.

Third One
By Dave

2015 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Have owned 3, a 2007 SES, a 2010 SEL and now a 2015 Titanium. I have found all three to be what I expected. Good all around drivers with some minor issues but no major ones. My iPhone connected well and works well. Mileage is good, around town so far is 29-30 MPG and freeway looks to approach 40 MPG. While intended to be our run around town car, it is comfortable enough to travel in. Instrument cluster initially confusing but now is OK. I do not understand why you can reset the "Oil Life" but can't find a percentage left... Makes no sense to me. Vehicle is smooth on the road and quiet on the freeway. I have not noticed any clutch issues, my guess is that they have been corrected. Have had the vehicle for a bit over a month and have a quiet rattle in the rear that is not always noticeable. I may take it in but I get easily frustrated with the "No problem found" response from dealers. Overall, I would recommend this car to those considering something in this segment.

So far so good...
By M M

2015 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Purchased a 2015 Focus Hatchback Titanium with 5-speed manual transmission. I've driven the car for about 2,000 miles so far and am surprised by the handling and gas mileage. I've been getting around 35 mpg on the highway which is more than the 2013 Dodge Dart Aero Turbo I traded in. After having so many problems with Dodge and the Auto DDCT I decided to cut my losses and get the Focus. The interior is great and really comfortable during my 100 mile a day commute. Ford has really changed the Focus since the last one I had driven which I believe was a 2001. The interior is somewhat comparable to the feel of my BMW 325i except way cheaper price wise. I guess some people have mentioned some issues with the automatic transmission but the 5-speed manual has been very smooth and haven't noticed any issues. Haven't tried E85 fuel yet since the price of regular gas isn't much of a difference at the moment and has better MPG. I almost went with a Focus ST but thought I would prefer the luxury feel while commuting 500 miles a week.

Expected a beater got this
By Anthony J. Pavone

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car as I was looking for cheap reliable transportation but ended up being able to lease a 2015. Had the car for about six months and so far haven't had a bad experience. I wish the headlights threw a little farther and it tends to hesitate a little when you step on the gas but all around its performs pretty well. The gas mileage leaves little to be desired and it handles well. My major complaint is that with the material of the dashboard, the black interior looks incredibly dirty within a matter of days, but smoking in the car probably doesn't help. Overall I would recommend this car.

A car with personality-Jeckyll or Hyde-who knows?
By Paul Lubell

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car about one month. It is a pleasure to drive a new car since I treat myself only about every ten years. The fuel economy and acceleration are great. Reliability is still to be determined but the radio quit after two days, was confirmed as non-operational by the dealer, then resumed working without any repairs being made. I suspect I will have future problems with it. The ride is rather stiff, probably because the recommended tire pressure is 37 psi. The automatic transmission is built to emulate a manual transmission so shifting is very noticeable and not always at the optimum transition points. The transmission has an L position on the shifter, rather than an S, and there is no documentation in the owners manual concerning this. Ford Customer Service (Detroit) was able to give me a good understanding of how it operates but it is surprising that they could not provide me with anything in writing. A rear view camera is standard which is a nice touch.

• SUV