2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2015 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

One week in
By dredd_tac

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just read the elderly gentlemans review from march and felt compelled to respond. I'm one week in owning a 2015 Focus SE Hatch. This is my second Focus. Had a 2012 that I traded in on the current one. Here's what was explained to me about the transmission by service and sales;it's actually a manual transmission that has 2 clutches. The chattering sensation is the clutches engaging against the flywheel and is normal. If you've ever driven a manual pedal clutch car not all but most make a similar chatter. Now when I say chatter this is very subtle and I test drove two 2015's and they both did it. My 2012 also did it and had 76,000 on trade with no tranny problems.

Favorite Features

Ford synch Exterior styling Comfortable seats Features to price ratio Low road noise/build quality

Suggested Improvements

A bit more horse power would be nice. I noticed a minor decrease in HP between the 2012 and 2015.

DO NOT BUY
By twv

2015 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have had nothing but trouble with my 2015 Ford Focus. The transmission is so jerky, that you can not drink coffee without it landing in your lap. If stopped behind another car and you go to take off, it hesitates and then lunges forward. Had it in the shop five times, written Ford, and all say the same, "it is within Ford's acceptable allowance". I guess it is okay to make a lousy transmission, as long as you also make lousy allowances. Ford does not care about customer satisfaction. I have been buying Fords for 45 yeas, but this will be my last.