2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I mean, it'll get you halfway there at least
By Zack S.

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Despite it getting great gas mileage and the interior being very spacious for the size of the car, the car is far from a glorious car. No matter how you drive the car, the engine will give out easily. The engine or transmission is bound to blow. The interior is spacious, but it is also very, very, very cheap feeling. Everything in aide is made of cheap low grade plastic and does not have a very pleasant feel. The steering wheel is the only part of the interior that feels like any effort went into finding a proper material for it.

My first new car!
By Natalie

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My parents bought me this car for my 18th birthday early 2015. As soon as I saw the car at the dealership, I knew it would be perfect. As a newer driver, I wanted to be driving a car that was not only easy to drive and gets good gas mileage, but is safe and comfortable as well. The Ford Focus Hatchback SE meets all those expectations. Originally we planned on getting a 2014 Ford Focus, but the 2015 was only about $1k more so we decided to get the newest model. The car itself is very sporty, with black and silver rims as well as paddle shifters on the steering wheel (for those who would like to drive the car in the optional sport/manual mode). The cloth interior is very durable and comfortable. The radio, bluetooth, and climate control are also user friendly for those who may not be used to having more technology in their car. Driving the hatchback is smooth, and especially quiet on the freeway or on bumpier roads. The one thing I found surprising in this car is the sensitivity of the accelerator; you do not have to press down hard on it for the car to accelerate quickly. The only downside to the car is the leg room for the back seats. However, it won't matter as much if you are driving with one or two other people. There is a ton of trunk space, which can even fit a couple sets of golf clubs/bags. This car is great, and perfect for newer drivers and students.

Terrible car transmission is horrible
By chuck1953

2015 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

This car should be removed from the market until the transmission is completely reworked and a recall done on all those that have been sold. I have had mine about a week and I think the transmission is complete crap. It slips, shudders, jitters, and surges when starting out from a stop.

nice interior and the highway ride is smooth and quiet

replace the transmission with a properly engineered and conventional model. This transmission is not safe.

My 3rd Focus
By sanfla52

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Focus. I decided to buy "new" this time, having bought used before and the cars were great. This one is great also in most ways. However, I do NOT like the transmission. The hesitation felt on acceleration is a big issue for me. Both of my previous Focus vehicles had quick acceleration. This one will too...but if you push past the "hesitation" then it REVS up to 3500 rpm and goes back down again, which I also do not like. When I bought this car I thought with it being new and the fact that I don't drive much that this might be my "last" car, now it will depend on how much I can tolerate that hesitation issue. No option to choose 4 cyl auto transmission which I have.

Very attractive vehicle, comfortable, the information screen

transmission hesitation, road noise

One week in
By dredd_tac

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just read the elderly gentlemans review from march and felt compelled to respond. I'm one week in owning a 2015 Focus SE Hatch. This is my second Focus. Had a 2012 that I traded in on the current one. Here's what was explained to me about the transmission by service and sales;it's actually a manual transmission that has 2 clutches. The chattering sensation is the clutches engaging against the flywheel and is normal. If you've ever driven a manual pedal clutch car not all but most make a similar chatter. Now when I say chatter this is very subtle and I test drove two 2015's and they both did it. My 2012 also did it and had 76,000 on trade with no tranny problems.

Ford synch Exterior styling Comfortable seats Features to price ratio Low road noise/build quality

A bit more horse power would be nice. I noticed a minor decrease in HP between the 2012 and 2015.