2015 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2015 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

If it wasn't for the horrible windshield..
By Jeff Crouch

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just finished mediation with BBB about a ghosting issue and Ford basically said it isn't their problem since the windshield isn't under warranty. And a defect isn't their problem. Check out my post in FocusFanatics. Under the MK3 thread. You will also read up on many issues that enthusiasts like myself have been shoveled. The only thing Ford does is has a tech go on and say that they'll escalate the issue. Which is a joke. Ford has just lost me as a new car customer. My wife had better luck with her 2014 Fiat 500L built in Bosnia. If it wasn't fr the windshield issue and the horrible exerience with Ford, I'd love this car. Oh and beware. Ford will close your case in customer service without notifying you. I had to call to find this out. I'm looking into filing a lawsuit and hoping to find more with the same issue.

Ford Screwus
By jssr

2015 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Do yourself a huge favor and do not buy this car with the "automatic" transmission. It is the worst car I have EVER owned ( and I have owned more than I would care to admit) in terms of the transmission and reliability. Ford is well aware of the defective transmission and its electronic controls and still is somehow able to foist this piece of trash on the American public! The dealer is now replacing the clutch on this POS and Ford has told them that they can expect the part in 12 weeks. Nice! The transmission issues started around the 11000 mile mark and haven't been fixed yet. The car now has 14000 miles on it.

Delivery car
By Xtina

2015 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2013 Ford Fiesta and at the time was great until I got hired to deliver pizzas. The focus is a big upgrade for me. I spend most of my day in my car driving. Very roomy and the back up camera is very helpful. The front seats are very comfortable but never sat in back. Heated seats and steering wheel is a great plus. I'm glad they fixed the Microsoft thing tho. The robot lady understands everything I say, whether be to call someone or play a song. Drives very smooth. Nice and quiet ride and actually handles well in snow! 2 USB ports and an auxiliary. I love all the cup holders too. Like 5 up front maybe 4 in back haha. And I am most happy that I got it in black with black interior yay.

Look elsewhere. 2015 Ford Focus = Lemon
By Tiffany

2015 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Before getting into my 2015 Ford Focus I owned a 2008 Ford Focus. My 2008 was unfortanlly wrecked and I loved the car so much I diddnt want anything else other then my focus back. I ended up landing in a 2015 Ford Focus. The first week I had the 2015 focus I brought it into the shop for a shakey transmission and poor acceleration. I was told nothing is wrong with my car. A year later having the same issues and a few more that includes the focus dying and stepping on the gas with the Rpms running up to 5,000 before it jerks and sputters and makes a final move. my focus currently needs a new clutch and a few sensors with only 15,000 miles. I come from a ford family and have owned fords my whole life but this will be the last "New" ford I will ever by. My 1997 Ford escort ran better then this 2015 Ford Focus. They changed the transmission in this 2015 Ford Focus and I think it's the biggest mistake ford has ever made. I hope they recall this car before they lose a lot of valuable customers. My focus will be traded in at the end of this month once I was told they needed it for 8 to 10 weeks for repairs. My advice would be look elsewhere if you want a ford don't buy it new.

Consider something else
By Joyce Sykes

2015 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have no idea where to even begin, but so far with just 9,000 miles on this car, it needs quite a bit of work. The wipers act like rain sensing wipers, which I do not have. The heater when on level 4 acts like it has climate control, which it does not and also likes to come on when I start the car (I shut it completely off when shut off the car) and then it takes five or six tries before it will stay off. I have a belt that squeels when I start the car. The shifting of this car is a laugh as it has more noises that I can count and they told me that was normal. The way this car acts, I am afraid of what will happen when the warranty runs out. I just have the feeling that this car will not be reliable at all.

The postivies of the car are I like the color (performance blue), I love the heated seats and heated steering wheel. These are the only two things that actual work right.