2014 Focus is not what it use to be
By twv on
2014 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I had a 2005 focus that I loved, fun to drive, very dependable, and an all around great car. However the 2014 I purchased 3 months ago, is NONE of these. I have had it back to the shop 2 times, when stopped in traffic, it acts as if it is flooding out, then when you press the accelerator the engines revs to 4000 rpm and the transmission kicks in and you jump forward. Very unsafe. It also seems to stall out when you try to go up a hill. They keep telling me it is their new double clutch design and after driving it 5000 miles it will adjust to my driving. WHAT, is there to adjust to, I push on the accelerator I want to go, pretty simple. Ford needs to buy back all of these. They are unsafe!!!
Favorite Features
The car looks stylish and truthfully that is my only favorite feature
Suggested Improvements
Ford needs to buy back all of these cars and go back to the 2005 design for the transmission.
By twv
on 02/28/14 04:26 AM (PST)

I have now made it over the 5000 miles they say was the time all would be well, because the car would adjust to my driving. WRONG, still a non responsive piece of crap. Also my car averages 14 to 25 miles per gallon, a very long way from their posted mpg. Terrible car. My wife was thinking about trading in her Jeep for a Ford, but that is not going to happen. Stay away, from the Focus, stay very far away.

By steve532
on 03/16/14 09:15 AM (PDT)

I love my new Ford Focus sedan. The milage is great (34 mpg) miced city and highway and it is a very responsive and quiet ride. I like the hands free bluetooth phone sync, very safe to use in traffic. I like the 6 speed automatic although it feels a bit quirky at times I am getting used to it. I use it on interstate and country back roads daily and appreciate the downhill assist on the 6 speed. It makes those downhill twisty curves a lot easier to handle. I have 3000 on it so far and will keep ya'll posted in the future.