Fun to drive, comfortable and quiet
By mdspurbe on
2014 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
We have about 1300 miles on my new Focus Titanium Hatchback, black. We purchased the special handling package. I love how the car drives, suspension is solid but comfortable, steering is tight and responsive. It's not a race car or the ST for that matter, but it has a sporty, peppy performance and gets incredible gas mileage. We have a van and use this car to commute to work, run errands, etc.. did I mention - gas mileage is amazing! The car is quiet, comfortable and has all the bells and whistles. I would not hesitate to take it on a long trip. As a rule I am not a fan of compact cars but this one has me sold - It's a fun car and my wife and I both look forward to driving it!
Favorite Features
I like the Sport shift, 18" all-summer tires and the handling of the sport package. The blue tooth features and sound system are very good. We have had the opportunity to use the heated seats which, like the remote start, is something I didn't care about before, not sure why, I do live in MN after all, and this will be really nice for those sub-zero arctic mornings! Back up camera is another really nice feature to have as is the ambient lighting, I like the idea that you can adjust the colors. This car is loaded with useful features. It definitely doesn't feel or look like a economy compact - it feels and looks luxurious and sporty.
Suggested Improvements
The Titanium Sport Handling Package gives up a lot of extra trunk space which is especially noticeable when there is not much there to begin with. This is due to the full size (18") spare tire and Sony sub-woofer planted in the the trunk. But it's only my wife and me most the time so we can fold down the seats and make more space for long trips. The rear view mirror is not electrochromic, not a big deal but I do like these. Initially did not like the idea of swapping out my all summer tires for winter tires, this almost convinced me not to get the sport handling version since I live in MN. But I am glad I did and am looking forward to driving on winter only tires this season.