2014 Ford Focus Consumer Review: First New Car (Nightmare)

2014 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2014 Ford Focus

Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 6-speed Automated Manual)

First New Car (Nightmare)
By justingreer on

2014 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The car ended up being traded in and I had the threaten to sue Ford to receive any compensation. The car ended up falling under one of the articles of the Ohio Lemon law. In total the car was at the shop over 12 times in one year.

The car stalled 3 times while driving and one of the times was caused an small accident (the other cars). The car sat in my driveway for 4 months since Ford refused to acknowledge anything was wrong with it. It was not safe to drive. When I say "Ford", I mean FORD and not the dealer (multiplier case managers and even an Engineer). The dealer was great (or as great as they could be). Ford gave the dealer a hard time with paying for warranty work that the dealer recommended. If it was not the wiring harness, it as the fuel pump, ECU, ECM, Shift Controller, o2 sensors (replaced both 6 times) and everything else.

My lawyer cost me 2K and ended up finding a dealer out of state that would trade the car. I ended up going eating about 4K but the car is now gone and I could not be happier. Never again will I buy a brand new car.

BUT when the car ran, it was great. So if you are willing to deal with the headache and feel lucky, go it! If it works out for you then awesome. If not, you will feel sick daily knowing that you have a 20K lawn ornament.

• Acceleration
  • Entertainment
  • Usb ports

• Shifting
  • Rain snow traction

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By justingreer
on 05/18/15 08:34 AM (PDT)

I wanted to post an update to this review. I amthe original poster of this review from April 2014. The car has 30k on it now and ever since it hit 20k, the car has been in the shop for almost 60 days all together. The car sprung a valve cover gasket oil leak right after posting this review in 2014. 3 months later the check engine light came on and the car stalled at a stop on interstate 21N at a stop light. I have almost been involved in multiple accidents since due to the car losing all power. The car is on its fourth round in the shop for the same issue. The last time it was in the shop for over a month. The ECU was replaced along with a couple set of O2 sensors. The dealer hacked the harness up per Fords guidelines to find if there was a broken wire. When they did find a wire broken, the dealer asked Ford if they should replace the engine wire harness and was met with "No, return the car to the customer". If I could figure out how to edit my original review, I would reconsider giving the 2014 Ford Focus and rating over 2 stars for anything other than looks. Right now it is a lawn ornament while I wait for Ford to decide what they are wanting to do with it. The standard answer has been (and I am sure will always be) "take it to this dealer". I did file a complaint for a trade-in or reimbursement and I am waiting to hear back. The car is not safe at all and should be recalled. After a year, I see I am not the only one saying this. Please do not purchase or let someone purchase this car for any love ones or friends if you value yours or someone else's life.