Do not buy this car!
By jw1991 on
2014 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Before you do anything, Google "2014 Ford Focus Transmission Problems." You'll find that thousands of people have had the exact same problem I'm about to recall on here. On the third day of owning this car the transmission started to slip and shutter. I took it to Ford and they said it was "normal" and sent me on my way. Three weeks later the seals near the clutch started to leak as a result of the shuttering, so they kept my car for 2-3 days so they could replace the seals and clean the clutch. A week later it started slipping and shuttering again. They again will not help me. They will blame you, they will say you drive the car incorrectly.
Favorite Features
The 2014 Ford Focus has a sleep body design and a great sound system. It's very roomy on the inside and has a huge trunk. The interior is pretty nice, and the car handles like a dream.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the transmission issues thousands of people are having. Stop taking people's hard-earned money for the sake of profit and refusing to fix a problem with your vehicles. This "it's not the car, it's the driver" mentality is only going to drive people away in the future. I know I for one am never buying a Ford again. I've given up trying to reason with Ford, because they simply don't want to listen. Don't make the mistake of leasing or financing to own one of these vehicles. If you do at least understand you'll be playing Russian Roulette with not only this car, but with your money and your credit as well. Ford will not help you as they haven't helped thousands of others who have this issue
By madjik68
on 05/31/14 14:57 PM (PDT)

I just purchased 2014 Focus with 6 speed automatic, partly due to the good ratings Edmunds had given it. I now found these transmissions have had major issues since their inception. Really upset...my car does the roll back thing when on a hill, but has not started to shudder yet (500mi). I financed through Ford and they had me sign a buyers remorse clause; now I know why. So pissed, I sunk every penny I had into this vehicle just so I would NOT have car issues. And I was brought up a Ford guy.

By neohiofocusguy
on 07/16/14 12:38 PM (PDT)

You don't have problems with transmission. It is not a regular automatic with a torque converter to smooth everything out. It is an automated manual. That shuttering noise is normal in some situations. So is rolling backwords from a stop. If you have driven in manual transmission cars you would understand that. This automated manual has some advantages like way better gas mileage than a regular automatic and can be faster accelerating. It can also give faster shifts. Just drive it nice and smooth and you will have close to an automatic feel. If you don't it will just be jerky.