2014 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Manual transimission S model
By dallastx2 on 03/22/15 11:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When renting a car for work I always request a Ford Focus. It is a compact vehicle which feels safe to drive. The Focus feels solid on the road. This past year needed a new car, wanted something with better than average fuel economy - purchased a Focus. I picked up the manual transmission version. Not having used a manual transmission in years, its been fun getting back to driving with a stick. The engine performance has been a pleasant surprise. Having a manual transmission gives me the opportunity to drive the vehicle at higher revs. The engine has not disappointed.

Transmission Unsafe
By baltazarre on 03/18/15 12:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

7 months in - stranded twice by transmission errors. First one said "Transmission Overheating - Stop When Safe". Dealer in CT worked on it for five days but did not enter work into Ford system. This time received "Transmission Failure" message and car went out of gear while driving. Almost rear ended. Brought to original dealer in NJ. They found a code for a Service Bulletin about not being able to put it in reverse, which wasn't the problem, but can't find anything else wrong. Left with unsafe car and no options. Absolute junk

2014 Ford Focus se
By novakjmn on 02/01/15 20:13 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I love my car. But it's transmission sucks. It's not sporty when it should be and it isn't efficient when it should be either. It only gets 24mpg and I have to replace the shitty tires already. But I get a lot of compliments on the looks and the interior. And it does drive so damn good.

Looks and sales man can be deceiving
By desw on 01/15/15 13:43 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I don't typically sign up for websites to do reviews but I will this time. Do your homework before you even consider this car. I've had this car for 8 months and I'm already trying to figure out how to get out of this upside down car. When I first test drove it the test vehicle was fine. I had seen a couple reviews about the transmission being a little jumpy but the sales man reassured me that that issue was very rare. No. I had it less than two months, took it in 4 times, and was without it for a month and ford treated me horrible. called headquarters and got dismissed there too. I've had such issues with a new car. Ridiculous! Don't do it pay a little extra and get a better car!

If I could have one car never built again this would be it
By mattyguru on 12/05/14 07:52 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I wouldn't take the time out for this if it wasn't for the fact that everyone should know about how horrifying not only this car is but Ford for even letting this happen. The car has a recall on the transmission it stalls when driving and can even randomly shut off while driving. Ford wont even give you a rental tell they check what is wrong. even when it is under warranty and has a recall so they already know I am not at fault for this cars problems. Writing this while still waiting for a estimated time on how long tell they can even look at it.

Roller Coaster
By johnk1978 on 12/04/14 11:28 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission is horrible. They said it wouldn't be so jumpy after 1,000 miles. Well...now that I'm at 4,000 I feel like I'm riding on a roller coaster. I work a lot and now I have to find time to take it back again and have them figure it out. If they can't figure it out, it will become property of Ford. I can't wait for my lease to be up.

Great value in a sporty package!
By 773badger on 11/29/14 17:27 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Overall, I really like my Focus Titanium hatchback. It has everything that make it a comfortable place to drive over short or long distances and it gets great MPG. It's a solid ride on the hwy at high speeds and was a good combination of value (mpg and price) and comfort (leather, nav, push button start, other tech).

Hope they improve over the base
By kingkole02 on 09/06/14 08:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

This model was a basic, however by 50k miles was showing tranmission issues. Could be a lemon could be beaten up by another driver. However this model slipped in and out of drive and reverse. Performance was bad because the transmission slipped. Once the transmission caught up it was decent in preformance. Other then some issues this vehicle may have been a nice vehicle. Ample interior space, decent seats, good size trunk, and easy to drive.

This is a great car!
By jengi on 06/16/14 16:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this car was going to be too small, but I was very wrong. My husband is 6'4" and he sits comfortably in the driver and passenger seats. The look of the car is stylish, and it handles very well. The manual transmission shifts beautifully. It was a great value, too! Overall, this is a great car. My only complaint is the lack of leg room in the back seat. As a result, this is not our main family car because we have 2 growing kids and another on the way. But for just my husband and I, the car is great.

Surprised
By flbntz on 06/13/14 22:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove 2014 Ford Focus SE 5spd, and was surprised. Thought it would be too small, that wouldn't like "overly busy" infotainment area of car. Liked it, bought one. Good manual transmission. Heard people didn't like auto trans. Had driven dual clutch auto-manual vw's, didn't like. Car is small, need to plan out where to put things, small car ride. Could use a sixth gear on highway, but fun to drive, feels well-made. Getting 39mpg+ on ride back and forth to work. Curvy, hilly back roads. Do upshift when lighted arrow tells me to do so. Seems engine would lug, but it doesn't. Am in fifth gear by 35mph! Very likable car. Got great deal. First black car. Handsome.