2014 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

STAY AWAY from the FOCUS
By bigrob10

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Where do I start? I purchased a 2014 Focus, Have had it for over a year, and is falling apart. First the clutch was replaced, because it was "Jumping" and "Stalling" then 2 months later back to same problems. Now in addition to that the Tranny is over heating" light is going on as well as Brake Bulb and Tire lights are going off. Contact Ford and they say it will be 8 weeks before they can even look at my since they have so many other owners with the same problem. My Focus jumped forward in traffic out of no where and almost caused a serious accident on the freeway. Ford 100% knows about all these issues with the Focus but they do not care about anyone's safety they just give the run around

Favorite Features

Interior, Body, Sync, and Gas mileage when I am safely able to drive it.

Suggested Improvements

Ford you have thousands of complaints already and probably the same amount of lawsuits to match. I don't know how it's "Good" for your reputation to give your customers who spend our hard earned money on your cars and all you give us are LIES and THE RUN-AROUND. You know all about the problems, you know you can't fix it, you know the Focus is not safe, yet you force us to waste our time and energy going though lemon lawyers. And in the end you still have to buy back the car. Ford just doesn't care about their reputation, customer safety, or repeat customers I guess. I will never, ever, buy FORD again, I'll drive a KIA before I ever step foot on another Ford dealer lot, that's the Truth!!!

Horrible car!!
By nick4118

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is nothing but awful. Our model was equipped with leather, sunroof, etc. but it was junk. There was not enough room, it was too small, poor viability, and the engine was horrible. It has very little power, and it shakes, shutter, and sputters CONSTANTLY. It has been doing this since it was drove off the lot. We checked with the dealer, but other people who bought the car from other places had the same issue. I give this car two thumbs down. We now have a Dodge Dart and it is so much better!

I was dumb enough to buy 2 of them
By Jen Stott

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Car 1 Clutches replaced first week. Tire, glove box door, water leak, bad brake booster, brakes locked up, heat air not working normally, popping in dash, front end suspension, dealer left it sit with bird poop all over so paint is now ruined. Purchased 8/27/14 been in the shop going on 120 days now. Ford refuses to fix because I hired an attorney and they are not supplying the rental vehicle.

Favorite Features

I don't have one. I never to get to drive the car long enough to enjoy it.

Suggested Improvements

Start over and skip the dual clutch transmission

The Best compact car in reasonable price
By ssoeun

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My first time to own Ford, most Asian people scared American cars for less reliability but not like the 1990s, now American cars even better than the Japanese cars in both quality and comfort. The Focus beats the famous nameplates of Civic and Corola in both power and comfort and much cheaper price. I love my Focus; my wife and my son also love to drive it than my Altima. Small but when I drive, I feel like big car-- quiet, smooth, and quick to turn the corner or on the free way and great fuel economy. And I paid the lowest price for the year end 2014 clearance. I will buy the other one for my son when he go to college next year.

Favorite Features

Two screen of LCD in front of you, beautiful design both interior and exterior. Comfort seat clear sight around and fun to drive on both city and free way.

Suggested Improvements

Emergency brake should be strong and firm; it so easy to release and drag your car on if you don't look at it carefully. I faced it two times when I set the car to move, the brake light turns on and alarm, I wonder what wrong when I look at the emergency brake, it was released unknown. Then I pushed it back. I feel it easy to loose.

Manual transimission S model
By dallastx2

2014 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When renting a car for work I always request a Ford Focus. It is a compact vehicle which feels safe to drive. The Focus feels solid on the road. This past year needed a new car, wanted something with better than average fuel economy - purchased a Focus. I picked up the manual transmission version. Not having used a manual transmission in years, its been fun getting back to driving with a stick. The engine performance has been a pleasant surprise. Having a manual transmission gives me the opportunity to drive the vehicle at higher revs. The engine has not disappointed.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Solid brakes. Engine feels strong.

Suggested Improvements

Drivers side arm rest.