2014 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
This is a great car!
By jengi on 06/16/14 16:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this car was going to be too small, but I was very wrong. My husband is 6'4" and he sits comfortably in the driver and passenger seats. The look of the car is stylish, and it handles very well. The manual transmission shifts beautifully. It was a great value, too! Overall, this is a great car. My only complaint is the lack of leg room in the back seat. As a result, this is not our main family car because we have 2 growing kids and another on the way. But for just my husband and I, the car is great.

Surprised
By flbntz on 06/13/14 22:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove 2014 Ford Focus SE 5spd, and was surprised. Thought it would be too small, that wouldn't like "overly busy" infotainment area of car. Liked it, bought one. Good manual transmission. Heard people didn't like auto trans. Had driven dual clutch auto-manual vw's, didn't like. Car is small, need to plan out where to put things, small car ride. Could use a sixth gear on highway, but fun to drive, feels well-made. Getting 39mpg+ on ride back and forth to work. Curvy, hilly back roads. Do upshift when lighted arrow tells me to do so. Seems engine would lug, but it doesn't. Am in fifth gear by 35mph! Very likable car. Got great deal. First black car. Handsome.

Do not buy this car!
By jw1991 on 03/24/14 23:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Before you do anything, Google "2014 Ford Focus Transmission Problems." You'll find that thousands of people have had the exact same problem I'm about to recall on here. On the third day of owning this car the transmission started to slip and shutter. I took it to Ford and they said it was "normal" and sent me on my way. Three weeks later the seals near the clutch started to leak as a result of the shuttering, so they kept my car for 2-3 days so they could replace the seals and clean the clutch. A week later it started slipping and shuttering again. They again will not help me. They will blame you, they will say you drive the car incorrectly.

Ford Focus Sedan SE
By yammms on 02/02/14 09:04 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have always driven Hondas and Toyotas, this is my first Ford purchase and I absolutely love the car. I did a lot of research, test drove many similar priced vehicles and I loved my Focus the moment I test drove it. The car has great visibility, engine is very quiet.The transmission is a little slow to react at times, but that could be because I am used to driving a clutch. The engineers at Ford really put a lot of time into many of some of the little details a few examples, you can roll the windows up after the car has turned off, and the radio stays on until you open the door. I am overall very pleased with both my car and the buying experience. Highly recommend this car.

2014 Focus is not what it use to be
By twv on 12/02/13 10:06 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I had a 2005 focus that I loved, fun to drive, very dependable, and an all around great car. However the 2014 I purchased 3 months ago, is NONE of these. I have had it back to the shop 2 times, when stopped in traffic, it acts as if it is flooding out, then when you press the accelerator the engines revs to 4000 rpm and the transmission kicks in and you jump forward. Very unsafe. It also seems to stall out when you try to go up a hill. They keep telling me it is their new double clutch design and after driving it 5000 miles it will adjust to my driving. WHAT, is there to adjust to, I push on the accelerator I want to go, pretty simple. Ford needs to buy back all of these. They are unsafe!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$160 per month*