2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
11 MONTHS--20,000 MILES--NO PROBLEMS
By texasaustin on 01/18/15 05:21 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Writing because see negative reviews. 2014 5-door Titanium--loaded. No problems at all 20,000 miles. "Auto manual" transmission is a little quirky-adapt to it. Power more than adequate-flooring it has a 1-2 second delay--plan ahead. Usually add oil when 1/2 quart low-wanted to see how long before must add oil. 5w20 full synthetic not quart low after 10,000 miles. Wish less firm ride but it came with the package. Every car should have capless fuel filler, auto/pushbutton start, auto climate control, auto answer phone system, auto on head light. My Ford info system-learn it-seldom malfunctions. Gas mile average 29.9-30.4. (Saw 46.6 on 26 mile loop@71 speed control--40.6@71 over 50mi on IH-35.

Very pleasantly surprised!
By rex81 on 12/19/14 12:54 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned import cars for years and was planning on buying a Mazda3 but just couldn't pass up the price on the Focus. After incentives it was $6,000 below a comparable 3. I'm glad I did. I've had it for 9 months and 15,000 miles and I love it! It's comfortable, quiet, efficient, stylish, and well built. It feels light but solid at the same time. Great suspension allows for a perfect ride/handling balance. I enjoy getting into it every day. I opted for the manual transmission SE with sport package. Glad I did because I rented a Titanium with auto trans and hated it. Like two different cars. It's true: The auto has issues. And the MyFord Touch was annoying. Simple is better here.

Stay Away
By dre1104 on 12/16/14 21:20 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Unfortunately, but honestly, when asked, I always warn potential buyers to stay away from these cars. On paper, it seems the ideal car - economical, fun to drive, and nicely equipped. But the truth is my car has been plagued with issues since day #1. Like many others, I have been dealing with transmission issues that cause erratic shifting. Plus, interior trim, software, and interior rattles that have taken more than a year and half to even begin the process of solving. Bottom line, Ford doesn't stand behind their cars, and doesn't invest in customer satisfaction or making this car the car it claims it is. Don't trust one review. Before you plunk down money, search online. Be warned...

I love my focus
By vw1991 on 11/25/14 22:26 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car a few months back and while it may be a bit soon to review I have to say I love this car. I can fit a disturbing amount of shenanigans into my focus. I have 2 children a well over 6 foot husband and our family dog. We all manage to pile in with room to spare. It handles much better than my previous cars on the highway. All my cars have been 4cyl hatchbacks and I have to say that EVERY one of them was miserable at highway speeds. The focus doesn't even sweat at the 75mph limit here in KS. I read the awful reviews of the automatic and I opted for the familiar old 5 speed instead. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for small cheap car with tons to offer.

Fun to drive, comfortable and quiet
By mdspurbe on 05/02/14 16:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We have about 1300 miles on my new Focus Titanium Hatchback, black. We purchased the special handling package. I love how the car drives, suspension is solid but comfortable, steering is tight and responsive. It's not a race car or the ST for that matter, but it has a sporty, peppy performance and gets incredible gas mileage. We have a van and use this car to commute to work, run errands, etc.. did I mention - gas mileage is amazing! The car is quiet, comfortable and has all the bells and whistles. I would not hesitate to take it on a long trip. As a rule I am not a fan of compact cars but this one has me sold - It's a fun car and my wife and I both look forward to driving it!

First New Car
By justingreer on 04/01/14 11:39 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

This is "my" first brand new car and I have to say, it is wonderful. My wife bought a brand new Mitsubishi in 2011 and my Focus has been a better experience all around.

Taking a chance with Ford.... So far, so good!
By noahsride on 12/13/13 04:14 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I've owned mostly imports for the past 10 yrs and I just decided to move on from my 07 Mazda3 with 160k on it, so I took advantage of Black Friday and got a very good deal on a Focus Hatch Titanium. It came down to the Mazda3, Cruze Diesel, Golf Diesel or Focus. I was seeking MPGs, sportiness and comfort. All were great cars w/ their own pros/cons, something about the Focus grabbed me. Ford has caught my eye w/ their recent designs and I'd had a great experience w/ a Sport Trac so I decided to give Ford a try. So far the car has been awesome (~2k miles). I drive a ton for work, so I'll keep you posted on progress. If you're considering the Focus, I highly recommend it.

Very impresssive
By rasm on 11/17/13 11:47 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Very sporty and good looking car,1100 miles driven and loving every minute of it.