Used 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

My last Ford
By Brad Seaman

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Factory rear rotors need replacing at 20kmiles, valve cover leak at 30kmiles, O2 sensor at 35kmiles, another O2 sensor and throttle position sensor at 40kmiles. Any time it rains or snows it's a crap shoot what's going to fail next. Factory tires were junk at 25kmiles. Stealing requires constant input to keep the car straight. Gas mileage not great, averaging around 32mpg, all high way. My car is a manual so I don't have the trans issues every one else has. My previous 2 fords were nothing but problems, thought this one would be different. I was sadly mistaken.

Transmission is a problem
By Charles W

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

the car could be a great car, but the transmission makes this car a miserable driving experience. The dealership is waiting on parts from Ford to repair, but after 8 weeks of waiting they cannot give any update. Simply states that we and 70 other Focus owners are waiting on the same part.

Get a manual!
By thue77

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car for the money is one of the best handling, comfortable, and sporty small size cars on the market.
Although the 2.0 4-cylinder would be worlds better with a Turbo, the small engine is tuned up enough to make the SE Hatchback fun to drive.
When looking at other reviews over and over again were issues with the duel clutch automatic transmission, my wife and I loved the car and wanted to get one but no way with all of the bad reviews on the automatic transmission was I going to buy one. So we made the decision to get a manual, it is fun to drive, a great little car so far, and we avoided the transmission issues which plagued the automatic. (I hope and think Ford has changed the auto transmission by now, such a shame because it is such a great little car).
For the small car segment this is one of the best cars to buy, everything is great about the car but if you are looking to purchase one - it has to be a manual.

transmission issues that they will not fix
By eileen

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2014 Ford Focus has major transmission issues-"shudders' to the point of stalling. No one will fix it.

omg me too
By Paula C Bowden

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

so like everyone else I'm having transmission problems and I wish I'd read this before buying. I went from a Honda to a ford. sigh. it's dangerous. been repaired 3 times. I want to know how 'reasonable' and 'safety' are defined by the California lemon law.