Used 2014 Ford Focus Electric Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus Electric - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Focus Electric

Electric 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive - (2 reviews )

Cheap and Fun drive
By marty1985

2014 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Purchased the car for under 30k and was a great value. Cost for my 36 mile commute is now 0.50 instead of 3.50 (or the cost of a gallon at the time). It has had a few recalls but when those fixes were applied, no issues and nothing really to maintain. No oil changes or fluids/belts/chains/etc. I love the fact that I never go to gas stations, just plug in nightly like my cellphone and ready to go in a couple of hours (with the 220v wall charger). We have a second car for trips, but I think renting a car for the few long trips of the year would be fine if we didn't have a second vehicle. Overall, I am sold on electric and am likely to stick with all electric for my commute/around town car!

Instant low end torque, 0-60 may be average but 0-30 is FAST. Infotainment system is in my opinion very feature rich and ever improving...not for people afraid of technology, but it doesn't take long to learn it. Sync with my phone is so easy and convenient.

Continue to refine the MyFordTouch to be as responsive as iPad/Android tablets...that is what people are use to. Bring the price down and the range up for the next model. Also, don't just abandon the platform because it is a viable one if marketed correctly. Figure a way to put the battery in the floor like Leaf and Tesla cars. The hole battery taking up most of the trunk/hatch is annoying.

Lemon?
By jeff295

2014 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

After owning a Ford Focus EV for a year, I advise consumers to be very skeptical about them. I loved it at first, until the battery died several times at stop lights! We were told it needed a software update to fix the problem. That seemed to work for several months, until the battery died completely again. Having an almost brand new car and then having to deal with towing, figuring out how to get to work with out it, etc., is a tremendous hassle and downside. There are no substitute cars because substitutes won't be able to use the car pool lane. Dealers have very little knowledge about the Focus EV, which also is incredibly frustrating. Overall, a very bad experience with this car.

None.

Dealers need more knowledge. Battery doesn't work. Not reliable.