Used 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I'm never buying a Ford again!!
By NTK

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2013 Ford Focus has been in the shop numerous times for the transmission shuddering, which is NOT normal no matter what Ford says. A car should not sound or feel like this when driving normally. Now it's in the shop for a broken steering column, which broke 1970 miles after the 36000 warranty, and Ford refused to pay for it or acknowledge that it is a faulty steering mechanism. Now there is another recall for the door latch which opens while driving. Great! This car is the worse car I've ever had. I've owned it for 3 years and it has been more work, hassle and headache than my mother's Subaru of the same year, and my 2003 Suzuki, which was not the greatest car, but it was only in the shop once! Now the Suzuki is looking so much better, I should have never turned it in for this terrible Ford Focus!!!

Sporty and fun to drive....
By Stephen Stutsman

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

This is a wonderful car....especially for someone who wants to drive something that's sporty, but practical. Forget the backseat....it simply doesn't exist. But it has a lot of storage space for hauling things. I play in band I am able to get my amp, keyboard stand, and two keyboards, plus all of my other extra stuff in it with no hassle. I bought the Hatchback for this very purpose. It has a very nice stereo system....good bluetooth. Navigation system is pretty good....but not great. Good pickup and if you drive it right you will get good mileage. In flat terrain it will get easily in the mid to high 30's MPG. I'm in the mountains and still manage in the high 20's. The Titanium model I have has every imaginable bell and whistle you could ask for on a car. Indeed, it's hard to imagine a car in this price range and size having as much as it does.

I love my car
By Tracy Riggin

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find myself looking out at it or taking quick glances at it when I am at home...I researched a long time to locate the car I wanted, and I found it. at firs,t I didn't care about the color because I would have been happy with a few other choices, but the color is actually one of the things I like best about it. I chose a dark, sparkly pewter color. It looks understated and classy. The other thing I adore about it is the quiet drive. I can shut everything out and just drive...awesome!

Great car if you can handle a weird transmission
By Haley Reynolds

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my first car and I noticed after a week or two of having it that when I would be at a complete stop and then accelerate it was jerk on me. Its annoying at times but its normal. Believe the car dealership when they say its normal. Its the made of the transmission, Its a mix between a standard and an automatic. I never have a shifting problem when im going fast and steady only when im in town and traffic is crazy and im stopping and going for a while. in low gears its acts like a standard and jerks you a little. The gas tank is small so I fill up alot seems like. But other than that its a good car. very comfortable and good speakers. The steering basically can handle its self almost. Love this little car as my first car.

Ford Focus SE 2013
By Steve England

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good performance, good driving reliability, low cost maintenance.