2013 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Xero Gas

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

Xero Gas
By xeroblu on

2013 Ford Focus Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

First off I'm a car guy, and I can appreciate all brands and models. That said I absolutely love this car. A good friend bought a 2013 leaf a week prior to me picking up this baby and his range drops like a rock on highway, where as the Focus hangs on. I have no range anxiety due to the fantastic suite of driver aids, Ford did an excellent job here. The ride is taught smooth, and the power when you want it is instantaneous due to the single speed tranny and electric motor. Stealing spots in traffic is a breeze even when a Mustang GT is trying to close the gap.

Reconfigurable gauges, social networking capability to compare your driving to other local Focus EV owners making it a game if you want. Id have to say my absolute favorite feature is the electric motor itself. The power is so delicious quick.

I can only guess Ford elected not to put the auto park feature in this car because of weight and or power hungry servos? Its a shame cause that would be an ideal addition to the cars already high tech wizardry on board. Id love a sunroof option and last but not least id like at least a choice of Black for interior. Oh i forgot, who would complain about a bigger battery pack? I know thats inevitable. As it is now this car is great. I love it...big fan.