2013 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Worst purchase EVER!

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

Worst purchase EVER!
By etch1 on

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Not worth the gamble! Sure some of these cars are fine, but there seems to be a high percentage of true lemons. Despite an extensive test drive to stay clear of the bad DCT and all, a few hundred miles later, I seem to be the lucky winner of one of the worst of the worst. This car started going downhill fast once about 4 or 500 miles was put on it. This car is now as loud as a soft top jeep on the highway, and with the dct transmission is one of the poorest driving cars I have EVER experienced. This car is 110% poorly constructed junk. Frankly I would rather walk then drive this loud bucking surging grinding rattling embarrassing piece of excrement. Worst purchase I have ever made.

Looks good inside and out. With rebates it would be a good value if it was constructed and operated half decently. Handling is awesome for what it is, but is ruined by bad strut bearing like clunking. Engine power for this class would be excellent as well if the DCT transmission didn't totally ruin it. Interior materials seem to be good for the class, but is ruined by 8 and counting always present significant constant rattles.

Get rid of the dct. It is junk! It has to be one of the worst transmissions put in a car EVER! Better quality control from the factory. I don't know if it was a bad day at the factory or what. I don't believe the average focus is near as bad as mine in all aspects otherwise they wouldn't have a shred of praise, but I do believe mine is a Bonafide lemon. I too have non-user related issues with MFT, but frankly it pales in comparison to all the other bigger issues I have with this car. To top it all off, despite 80% 60mph highway and 20% light suburban traffic, after 3k miles I have yet to break even 30mpg on a tank of gas, and I'm no lead footed speed demon!