Very fond of this car. 1,000 miles on it.
By pastuszak on
2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
About a month ago my 2012 Mazda 3 got totaled. I loved the car, but the ride was too firm and the A/C wasn't the best. So I went with the Focus hatchback titanium. MyFord Touch takes time to get used to. It has a bit of lag delay. However, I prefer MFT. The car has good handling and acceleration while maintaining a smooth ride. Many people have complained about the transmission. It feels different, for sure, but it's a very good transmission. In sport mode, it will happily downshift when you accelerate and retain decent MPG. Currently I'm getting 32 mpg combined. I'm a little disappointed by the 35ish mpg highway I've gotten. Not getting near that 38 no matter how I drive.
Favorite Features
-MFT -Automated Dual clutch transmission -TONS of cargo room. -Rear view camera is a godsend. Has guidelines that follow the direction you turn the wheel. -great audio quality -Wheels & Tires -Headlights are bright! Excellent for country driving. -smooth ride -update-able MyFord Touch I'd say I'm a big fan overall.
Suggested Improvements
-Improving the gas mileage. The Mazda 3 Skyactiv spoiled me. I got 44 high way, easily. I wish they'd just pop in the skyactiv engine. I mean, Mazda 3 and Ford Focus use the same chassis. Probably not possible, but I can fantasize! -improve the speed of MyFord Touch. It can be frustrating. -You have to take off the headrests on the back seat to make them fold flat-ish. It'd be great if that wasn't necessary. -Put some paddle shifters on it! -I don't know, make it fly or something.