Absolutely love it!
By focusjp on
2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I love this car! Got it in April, now have just 6000 miles on it. Mileage started out a little low, 31 mph, but am now getting right around 37 mpg and I drive various traffic situations. I waited a long time to get a Focus, rode in several other Focuses and knew this is what I wanted although I had to trade in my 2000 Explorer XLS to get it. I do miss the extra cargo space, but the overall ride, flip down rear seat makes up for it. I have the Focus Sedan SE with 6 cyl. automated manual transmission. Did not see a selection for it.
Favorite Features
The little 2.0 4 cyl. engine can get zippy if I need it especially when trying to get around trucks and other traffic on the expressway. I really appreciate that. Although a little crampy in the front with the console in the middle, it's an ok ride on trips. The car sits well on the road, no sway, and doesn't seem to get buffed around in the wind, yet.
Suggested Improvements
My only real complaint is the cupholders. My daughter's Focus has roomy cupholders as well as a friend's Focus. So I feel Ford must have cut corners or something as there is barely enough room to put a fast food coffee or other drink inside the cupholder and they are problematic to get out. The only other issue I noticed is wind turbulence when the front window is down. I found out that by putting the back window an inch or two eliminates that.