Love My Focus
By jharlan68 on
2013 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I read a lot of reviews about the 2012 Focus before deciding to buy the 2013. The transmission does shift different than your normal automatic, but it doesn't bother me since I drive a commercial truck with a standard for a living. I love the style, the features and especially the gas mileage of my Focus, especially since I came out of a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've only had it for a week, but I've been around cars long enough to know what works well and what doesn't, and I must say that the Ford Focus doesn't just work well, it excels.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the bluetooth, heated seats, the exterior and interior style and colors (exterior Race Red, interior Charcoal). The drivers seating area is just a tad smaller than my old Grand Cherokee, but liveable. The handling is crisp and acceleration is very good.
Suggested Improvements
I have three suggested improvements...first of all, and my greatest frustration is the location of the cupholders. I know it may be petty, but I love my McDonalds sweet tea, but the large cup (which is the only way to drink a sweet tea) does not fit well in the cupholder and is awkward to try to remove. The second is the noise of the heater fan when on high..very noisy. Fortunately, I don't have it on high that often. Third is there are too many steps to scan through the presets on the stereo. All very small things, but could be great improvements to a great car.
By fordjunk1
on 06/24/13 21:33 PM (PDT)

As I have posted on other reviews, you won't be happy in 20,000 miles! We have a 2012 Focus and the trans is an absolute engineering nightmare. But FINALLY Ford has figured out their engineering nightmare and FINALLY our Focus in BACK in the shop this time for major trans work! I almost forgot, power windows that stick when it gets below freezing, rough idle, and the list could just go on and on!