I will never buy another Ford product.
By johnmiller1 on
2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
2013 Ford Focus SE automatic Hatchback I wish that I had never bought this car. For starters, the average fuel economy is not what Ford advertises. My average MPG is 32 hwy at 69mph. The best was 36mpg with a tail wind. I can live with the poor fuel economy...but the deciding factor for me to get rid of this car is the Torturous seats !! The seats are rock hard ! They feel like you're sitting on a park bench ! The padding in the seats is very minimal. Push down 1/2 inch and you can actually feel the metal framework of the seat. The very design of the seats are not ergonomic. The front of the seats are tilted in a way that if you stretch out, the back of your legs will begin to hurt
Favorite Features
The favorite features of this car are the the airbag systems and the 5 star crash testing. Also enjoy the Ford Sync and the interior style. The road noise is minimal compared to other smaller cars I have driven.
Suggested Improvements
1. The seats need some serious ergonomic improvements. I called Ford corporate headquarters and was told that there were no upgrades for the seats. 2. Make the fuel economy match what Ford advertises. After another call to Ford...I was told by their customer service represenative that the fuel economy I am getting falls into the "range" advertised in the fine print. 3. The sounds system is a joke...Ford should improve the speakers.