Great value for the price, but not without drawbacks.
By mv_car on
2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Great car for the price, got mine for what I consider a 'steal'. Drives like european sedan...puts a smile on my face the way it goes around turns effortlessly. Engine not yet broken in, and computer needs to be calibrated but so far I can exceed 40mpg going 65, and hit 35 going 75. This car needs almost no maintenance! GladI didn't purchase extended warranty: Platinum plugs, ceramic brake pads, synthetic tranny lube, top consume reports rated cooper tires, this car is built to last (I hope!). If you do buy this car, I recommend going with car and driver's advice and buying a manual SE model with the upgrade package, allowing you to avoid My Ford Touch and dullard of an auto tranny.
Favorite Features
Stylish exterior and interior, loads of features for the $, drives like a european sport sedan, all for very low cost....now let's hope ford gets it right and it holds up well over time!
Suggested Improvements
More interior room (center console too big, rear seat could have another inch or so of legroom easily designed in (seat material on front and rear seats could easily be thinner to make this happen), and how about offering a 'sport' engine option for those who want more 'pep' than the 2.0 litre, without jumping up to the turbocharged ST? Also, as of now, idle can be rough...maybe it will disappear with break in, but I hope this is not an indication of build quality issues.