2013 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Ford has stepped their game up

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

Ford has stepped their game up
By weelman13 on

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Let me start at my previous vehicle:2006 audi A3 manual. I loved my audi, save the electrical gremlins, interior hardware, $90 oil changes, etc. I wanted a compact car and I like hatches. I did test drive a 2013 Honda Civic SI and 2012 focus hatch SEL. The honda was a nice car, but very vanilla inside. The focus (MFT and sync) is so much content! I have only owned the car for a couple of days, so this is just an initial review: My 2013 automatic titanium has the moonroof and the 18" tire/handling package. The car feels very planted and not too stiff, the 17" do ride alittle smoother. The MFT works pretty good, mostly bug free. The sync is awesome, just need to learn the standard commands.

Favorite Features

MFT/sync high content - I can talk to my car! too many options for music (HD radio/reg radio/satelite/USB/CD/blutooth streams) road feel - almost same as my previous audi leather seats are comfortable. wide angle rear camera with colored distances. push button start might seem gimicky, but is very modern.

Suggested Improvements

It needs more storage cubbies in the front. There are only the door, drink holder, and armrest storage. steering wheel leather feels plasticy. I wish i could change the instrument lighting. Digital speed option for the multifunction display instantaneous fuel MPG for the MF display
By weelman13
on 01/17/13 18:31 PM (PST)

Sorry to hear about your MPG dansy_d. Something sounds wrong, because i have a very short commute ( 2miles each way) and i am getting around 25-27 MPG and have about 3000 miles total. Now that i think about it, we run most of our errands in the focus. So, maybe 85-90% city driving. And trust me, I have not used premium fuel but i dont drive too aggressive either. I don't know why you are getting so low.... good luck.