Used 2013 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Transmission Problem Fixed!
By Brian

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We own a 2013 Focus SE & Focus Titanium - both have had the transmission problems as many have experienced. A few weeks ago my dealer informed me of the TCM recall for both - had them both done and car shifts and drives 110% better - I can squeal the tires on take off (huge improvement from the sluggish, hesitant shifting between 1st & 2nd gear).

Beware of transmission
By John Murphy

2013 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford admits to "shuddering" and "rough shifting" vehicle is not comfortable the head seats can not be removed to clean seat the gas mileage is around 19 city for me with 87 octane and around 15 with Ethanol. Don't believe me? Test drive today.

The little engine that can't.
By Chris Landis

2013 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was my first new vehicle purchase before this, i had mostly clapped out rusty trucks. To say this car dissapoints in the power department is an understatement. It's dangerously slow and underpowered. To climb any kind of moderate grade, it needs to be in a low gear and engine screaming to maintain speed. Forget about trying to gain speed if you need to.

Mine has a 5spd manual, and it's dopey and clunky to shift sometimes, and others it's like working a fine bolt action rifle. Depends on the day. The clutch feel is non-existent.

The seats legitimately cause pain after being in them for more than 30 minutes at a time. Making long trips miserable.

On the up side, it's a decent looking car. Gets good fuel economy for how much you have to tramp on it to go anywhere. I dig the Ford SYNC radio set up. Even though the AUX jack is junk. It's got fair storage and the rear seats fold down.

Overall though, i wish i had kept the rusty old Dodge D100 i had traded on the Focus and kept putting monies into it. At least it had power...

Terrible Experience for a first car purchase
By Eboni Cumberlander

2013 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I purchased this vehicle in 2012 with excitement for my first new car! What a disappointment I have nothing but problems with this cars transmission, air conditioner, clutch, electrical fuses and now the transmission mount. The transmission mount broke and cause the engine to fall/shift while driving. I was scared to death with my 1 year old son in the car and the engine falls in mid motion. This car is a joke. FORD THIS UNACCEPTABLE!!! RECALL PLEASE

nothing to write home about
By vince smyth

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this for about 4 months and I was having difficulty with the auto transmission. I looked up some reviews/ technical information and found that Ford has a fix for the transmission issue and has even extended the warranty on these to 100,000 miles. Since buying it I've learned to get around the transmission problem that I was having by feathering the accelerator or hammering it (heavy footed). This vehicle has adaptive learning and it takes a while for it to understand the way you drive (1500 miles) no matter if you're the first owner or the tenth. Overall the cars fit and finish is just ok, nothing to write home about. This is my first automatic tranny small car and I just had to figure it out. Check out that warranty, no BS on that.