2013 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love My Focus
By jharlan68 on 12/22/12 15:45 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read a lot of reviews about the 2012 Focus before deciding to buy the 2013. The transmission does shift different than your normal automatic, but it doesn't bother me since I drive a commercial truck with a standard for a living. I love the style, the features and especially the gas mileage of my Focus, especially since I came out of a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've only had it for a week, but I've been around cars long enough to know what works well and what doesn't, and I must say that the Ford Focus doesn't just work well, it excels.

NOT LOVING IT!
By bren77 on 11/15/12 16:57 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2013 Focus SE a month ago. I cried for two days over the crazy transmission. I now have 500 miles and it is driving better. The driver's seat is uncomfortable and lots of road noise. Not enough cup holders or storage space.If I could do it again, I would not buy this car! I am not trying to be negative, just stating what I feel about the car. I talked to the dealership about the road noise and the seat and they acted as though they have never heard any complaints, but I have read several. I do like some of the features and like the way it doesn't feel like a small car. Anyway, I am trying to love it because I have to pay for it for six years :(

Sporty and Fun with Confusing Sync
By yooperdatadude on 11/11/12 09:49 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Iíve a 2013 Ford Focus SE Sedan with five-speed manual transmission. I shopped it against a 2012 Chevy Cruze LS with six-speed manual. Both are excellent. I chose the Focus for its sportier suspension and steering. The EPA predicts 36 mpg highway; the Focus delivered 35.2 mpg on my most recent trip. I am exceedingly happy with fuel economy. Iím enjoying the five-speed manual transmission. Iíd prefer a sixth gear for freeway driving. (The car would probably get even better mileage with one higher gear). Thatís a small nit though. The 2013 Focus SE with five-speed manual is a sporty, fun-to-drive car with good fuel economy. Be sure you can live with Ford Sync and the strange dashboard layout.

OMG! If i could trade in!
By dreamaker9729 on 11/09/12 04:33 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I currently drive a 08' civic hybrid and it went into the shop for repairs and this is the rental car that they gave me. This car takes off faster then my civic, better exterior design then my civic, but a smaller inside. I would trade my civic in for this car if they cabin was more spacey. But i love my civic so she is a keeper.... Great gas mileage...easy to drive...get one!

The Focus SFE is a Fuel Sipper
By cadrvr4 on 10/25/12 14:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased a 2013 Ford Focus SFE in September 2012 and have driven it 1,200 miles so far. No problems at all. This model is a Focus with SE trim to which the optional SFE (Super Fuel Economy) package is added. For 2012 the SFE package cost $495. For 2013 the SFE package adds only $95 to the cost of the vehicle making the additional fuel savings over the SE a no-brainer. We recently got 42 MPG on 70-mile highway trip. 32-33 MPG is typical for our combined driving. The dual clutch transmission (DCT) drives like an automatic transmission but is actually a fuel-saving automated manual transmission. Great materials, inside and out: best in class. LLR tires by Continental handle very well.

Great Car
By angel8050 on 10/06/12 21:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Whoever does not give this car at least 4 stars is a [non-permissible content removed]!!!!! We bought this Focus Sedan SE about a month ago, it gives me about 40 miles a gallon on the freeway driving at around 70 mph. I tried the jetta s, did not like it nor has any power, I had a 2011 Toyota Corolla and this focus is smoother than it. I think the new re design focus is a great buy!!! I would say the only bad thing is that sometimes at low speeds, when you first take off I think the transmission gets a little confused, but other than that its perfect. I love the sync, the bluetooth, the voice recognition.

bad transmission
By tiger9112 on 09/10/12 19:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

the transmission is terrible will accelerate without warning feels like your driving a stick shift bucks alot and will stay reving after letting off gas cannot get gas miledge it states do not buy this without a very long test drive

Love my car
By jenalfaro23 on 07/30/12 22:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I searched online for my new car, i wasnt sure what car I was looking for all i wanted was something that wasnt going to break my wallet. I submitted information to Galpin Ford and was contact within 30 minutes by Bernard Durazo. I came in for a test drive and before you know it i was in love with my car!!! It is super cute and drives very smooth. Thank you for all your help and answeing all my questions.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$149 per month*