Used 2013 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Merits your consideration: Go for the Manual Transmission and sans - MFT for maximum reliability
By benevento

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

ery good choice, however for maximum reliability (and long term maintenance cost savings) skip the Dual Clutch and the My Ford Touch options. Bought in July 2013, 5000 troublefree, comfortable miles so far. The Manual transmission's the better choice by far (you take a little hit in fuel economy ironically, but trust me, it's gonna cost a LOT less to maintain than the dual clutch) Comfortable on long drives (- saw an average of 39 MPG on 800 mile trip ), adequate pep for city stop and go, plus passing on highways (3rd gear is very sweet around 5500 rpm . . . ). Definitely spec'ed well, and punches a bit above its price range - But get the manual w/o MFT

Favorite Features

Interior build quality / fit and finish; styling, and overall performance

Suggested Improvements

Base model needs the Alloy rims. A stainless steel exhaust tip would improve styling. Lumbar support would have been nice.

skip this car
By regy65

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

company car and no one want to drive it. terrible in rain, transmission jumps, front end sounds like fall apart ect....

Favorite Features

interior design ,exterior design

Suggested Improvements

tranny needs replaced, front end better quality and the Ford CEO needs to drive one for a month

bad decision
By scubble2

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a toyotay camry, saw all the great commercials about the gas milage on the focus, and thought wow better than the camry, so i bought a 2013 ford focus titanium flex fuel, wow what a big mistake if i could get rid of this today i would hate everything about this car, gas mileage sucks, sounds and acts weird like it is going to fall appart any minute, will not make this mistake again, going back to toyota,,soon as i can.. this car sucks real BAD......

Favorite Features

nothing is what it says, especially the gas mileage, suck big time....

Suggested Improvements

do away with this car......

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
By zjgarcia

2013 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very cheap to purchase and lots of fun to drive. But since I have had it I have had to replace one of the front drive axles and the parking brake. The front end sounds loose. The paint on the hood is already chipping off. I drive very conservatively and do not follow cars close for this reason. I know it is not my fault. The S model comes with automatic lights but only on the dash, so when it gets dark enough your dash lights come on, but not your headlights. I have been pulled over by the police already because I did not have my headlights on. On the other hand it is fun to drive and with the price being so cheap you can afford to make the modifications you want to make it yours

Favorite Features

5-speed manual transmission, stereo, light weight, fuel efficient, cheap to purchase, I put a cold air intake into it and it really improved the fuel efficiency and power, plus it makes it sound mean.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the paint job it chips too easily. Upgrade the little features like the automatic lights. If you are going to put in a light sensor have it turn on all lights not just the dash. Since the stock parts are soo fragile, make aftermarket/spare parts more available/affordable like exhaust, cold air intake, carbon fiber hood, parking brake, etc.

Love/hate relationship
By monkeymademe

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car mainly because I have always owned Fords and they have always been reliable. As far as getting me where I need to go, this car is reliable. I have a love/hate relationship with my car mainly because some days it will run exceptionally smooth and some days it sounds like the wheels are going to fall off and it shakes like the transmission is going to fall out. I have heard the whole "give it a few hundred miles" speech, and well, I have given it 8,000 with no change. It's mostly when I pull out, slow down and pick up speed again, or go up a steep hill that the transmission feels like its going to kick the bucket. But when it runs smooth, it runs smooth.

Favorite Features

The interior design, sync capabilities (I can listen to pandora). Pretty car.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are terribly uncomfortable, and should be power. Hate that I can't roll windows up after car has been turned off, even my 99 Ford could do that. Transmission is a real issue, someone is going to get t-boned.