3-month followup - Ford has stepped their game up
By weelman13 on
2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I have 2800 miles now after 3 months from Oct-Jan. My driving habits are mostly city (90%+): 27.4 MPG. On a short road trip, i get around 30, and don't know how to get the EPA 36, maybe 80mph doesnt bode well for fuel econ. The ride is good(not too stiff) and the handling is very good, but the 18"pilot sport 3 are bad in snow but are great in rain and dry. The sync is fine, it does change my media upon start-up about 30% of the time. The bluetooth works good (podcasts/pandora/etc) and i am using both an SD card and USB stick. Making phone calls is very easy, the phone features are always on. Going for my first oil change soon and no problem issues that i know of.
Favorite Features
The look of the car still pleases me just like my ol' audi. I thought i would never say the last statement or own a Ford. The ambient lighting is nice, and its adjustable. The MFT and sync are very good and i am getting spoiled by so many options. Leather seating is supportive and comfortable and the heated seats work well. The rearview camera with guidelines is wide angle, color, and very good. The integrated fuel door is very subtle and blends well. Seriously, my commute is around 2 miles one way and i am still getting 25-27 MPG (in this cold winter). I initially thought the remote start was gimmiky also, but i use it to warm up my car briefly before driving.
Suggested Improvements
The color of the displays are fine. More storage in the front would be nice. Traction control is turned off in the menu's, it would be better if it was a real button. The front window angle makes the windshield ginormous! The option of instantaneous fuel MPG would be nice still (to see how to get 36 MPG on the highway). I had my tires siped but when my factory tires wear out, I will be getting all season tires because of the all-weather performance.
By navynole
on 12/28/13 21:48 PM (PST)

"maybe 80mph doesnt bode well for fuel econ." lol, no it doesn't; expect a significant decline at that speed. Quoted highway mileage is generally what should be expected cruising at ~70mph on a generally level surface, without hauling a whole ton of gear or 4 passengers stuffed inside. Also not breaking cruise a whole ton or going lead-footed when passing. Enjoyed the whole review though; I'm seriously looking into a Focus Titanium and appreciate your insight as an owner.

By jbjtkbw00
on 02/09/14 05:12 AM (PST)

I just purchased a slightly used '13 model last night with 9021 miles on it. I enjoyed your review so much that it was part of the reason I selected this vehicle. I'll be posting my own review of this in a few months after some time behind the wheel. Thanks.