2007 Focus SES 2 door Hatch Back
By sleasure on
2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Ford Focus SES new and have performed all of the routine maintenance myself. The vehicle has not required any repair. I primarily drive and service with an emphasis on preserving the reliability of the automobile. I have replaced the battery and wiper blades only. The origional tires show 50% wear. I live in Las Vegas, NV, and high summer temperatures kill automobile batteries. I get only 2+ years of battery service in our vehicles. I buy batteries from Ford. They last longer than other batterys, ie: Walmart, K Mart, etc. If I drive conservatively, I achieve the EPA fuel economy ratings. Best handling small car I have ever owned. 37K miles, Always garaged.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy, reliabilty, and handling are at the top of the list. Mountain driving is especially fun. Sports car handling characteristics, best I have ever owned. German 5 speed trans is smooth and shifting is effortless. 2.0 Japanese Mazda engine surprisingly economical and very fast. AC blows cold quickly, important in Las Vegas! This car is my last car, it will out last me.
Suggested Improvements
Reduced road noise, high performance tires are source of noise. Increase top RPM limit, computer limits top speed to 120 mph +/-