2013 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
bad decision
By scubble2 on 09/17/13 15:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a toyotay camry, saw all the great commercials about the gas milage on the focus, and thought wow better than the camry, so i bought a 2013 ford focus titanium flex fuel, wow what a big mistake if i could get rid of this today i would hate everything about this car, gas mileage sucks, sounds and acts weird like it is going to fall appart any minute, will not make this mistake again, going back to toyota,,soon as i can.. this car sucks real BAD......

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
By zjgarcia on 09/11/13 15:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very cheap to purchase and lots of fun to drive. But since I have had it I have had to replace one of the front drive axles and the parking brake. The front end sounds loose. The paint on the hood is already chipping off. I drive very conservatively and do not follow cars close for this reason. I know it is not my fault. The S model comes with automatic lights but only on the dash, so when it gets dark enough your dash lights come on, but not your headlights. I have been pulled over by the police already because I did not have my headlights on. On the other hand it is fun to drive and with the price being so cheap you can afford to make the modifications you want to make it yours

Love/hate relationship
By monkeymademe on 09/08/13 20:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car mainly because I have always owned Fords and they have always been reliable. As far as getting me where I need to go, this car is reliable. I have a love/hate relationship with my car mainly because some days it will run exceptionally smooth and some days it sounds like the wheels are going to fall off and it shakes like the transmission is going to fall out. I have heard the whole "give it a few hundred miles" speech, and well, I have given it 8,000 with no change. It's mostly when I pull out, slow down and pick up speed again, or go up a steep hill that the transmission feels like its going to kick the bucket. But when it runs smooth, it runs smooth.

Transmission problem
By nursesue1 on 09/05/13 07:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I am very unhappy with the "new transmission" Ford has put in the new 2013 Focus. My car is 7 months old and has had 4 visits for the same issue. Last month it was in the shop for almost 2 weeks due to a leak of a seal and needing a new clutch. The transmission shifts inappropriatly and puts me at high risk for smashing into a car ahead of me. The answer given by the Ford employees is that I need to learn the car and how to drive it. Unacceptable answer!

2013 Focus is huge mistake!
By hugemistake1 on 08/30/13 14:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought a Ford Focus 2013 a couple of months ago being told it had an automatic transmission. It jerked and acted weird during the test drive, but the salesman said it would "learn" my driving style in 2 weeks. After 2 months and 450 miles , took it to service dept for low gas mileage (less than 20 city) and jerky transmission. They said it takes 1,000 - 3,000 to break in. Read the other blogs and asked them to take it back. Ford offered us a lousy deal, so we traded it in and bought a new Camry. Real car with a smooth transmission and gets better gas mileage than the Focus. Ford needs to recall the "automatic" Focus. The transmission doesn't work! Buyer beware!!

Absolutely love it!
By focusjp on 08/25/13 17:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Got it in April, now have just 6000 miles on it. Mileage started out a little low, 31 mph, but am now getting right around 37 mpg and I drive various traffic situations. I waited a long time to get a Focus, rode in several other Focuses and knew this is what I wanted although I had to trade in my 2000 Explorer XLS to get it. I do miss the extra cargo space, but the overall ride, flip down rear seat makes up for it. I have the Focus Sedan SE with 6 cyl. automated manual transmission. Did not see a selection for it.

peice of junk
By joesas1 on 08/11/13 18:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

just traded out and lost $$$$ of this 6 mo old 6000 mi junk. it was unsafe at any speed with its fixed 3x steering and jerky transmission. ford knows all about but this crooked co wont do a thing other than say its fine nothing wrong even though it replaced the whole steering system to no avail problem is in the computer. in any case a word to the wise....

Loaded up like a Lexus
By puffinalong on 07/16/13 12:01 PM (PDT)

fun ride

13' SE/Auto: Great Commuter
By nrudolph on 04/17/13 21:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my focus back in February ( it is now April) and I have 4,000 miles on it. I commute 60 miles a day, 5 days a week, most of it highway. The Focus is very comfortable on the highway. The ride quality is very smooth and composed, and the ride is quiet. The interior is well put together, no squeaks/rattles. The Engine has very good power and is smooth. the transmission isn't great, but is generally smooth and quick to shift. Fuel economy is very good, averaging 32mpg in mostly highway driving with some city. Exactly matching the EPA combined rating. The backseat is a bit tight, though not intolerable for two adults. Trunk is big. No problems so far.

A Big Waste of Money
By puffinalong on 03/21/13 17:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The Focus Ti I have looks sharp,but it's not dependable technology wise . I have been locked out of it twice.The 8 inch display has frozen on me so as I couln't call to get help.The phone unpairs three times a week as Ford after 5years hasn't got syncing their cars right yet. Just Google all the complaints by owners who bring their cars back and the service people blame the phone or the weather. Served my country and got screwed and tried to belive in an American car and got screwed again. Not the dealers fault or the poor mechanic who's not a techie,Ford is in one big mess. I'll have my German car by 2015. What a waste of $25,585 sticker price I had to pay excise tax on.