2013 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Absolutely love it!
By focusjp on 08/25/13 17:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Got it in April, now have just 6000 miles on it. Mileage started out a little low, 31 mph, but am now getting right around 37 mpg and I drive various traffic situations. I waited a long time to get a Focus, rode in several other Focuses and knew this is what I wanted although I had to trade in my 2000 Explorer XLS to get it. I do miss the extra cargo space, but the overall ride, flip down rear seat makes up for it. I have the Focus Sedan SE with 6 cyl. automated manual transmission. Did not see a selection for it.

peice of junk
By joesas1 on 08/11/13 18:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

just traded out and lost $$$$ of this 6 mo old 6000 mi junk. it was unsafe at any speed with its fixed 3x steering and jerky transmission. ford knows all about but this crooked co wont do a thing other than say its fine nothing wrong even though it replaced the whole steering system to no avail problem is in the computer. in any case a word to the wise....

Loaded up like a Lexus
By puffinalong on 07/16/13 12:01 PM (PDT)

fun ride

13' SE/Auto: Great Commuter
By nrudolph on 04/17/13 21:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my focus back in February ( it is now April) and I have 4,000 miles on it. I commute 60 miles a day, 5 days a week, most of it highway. The Focus is very comfortable on the highway. The ride quality is very smooth and composed, and the ride is quiet. The interior is well put together, no squeaks/rattles. The Engine has very good power and is smooth. the transmission isn't great, but is generally smooth and quick to shift. Fuel economy is very good, averaging 32mpg in mostly highway driving with some city. Exactly matching the EPA combined rating. The backseat is a bit tight, though not intolerable for two adults. Trunk is big. No problems so far.

A Big Waste of Money
By puffinalong on 03/21/13 17:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The Focus Ti I have looks sharp,but it's not dependable technology wise . I have been locked out of it twice.The 8 inch display has frozen on me so as I couln't call to get help.The phone unpairs three times a week as Ford after 5years hasn't got syncing their cars right yet. Just Google all the complaints by owners who bring their cars back and the service people blame the phone or the weather. Served my country and got screwed and tried to belive in an American car and got screwed again. Not the dealers fault or the poor mechanic who's not a techie,Ford is in one big mess. I'll have my German car by 2015. What a waste of $25,585 sticker price I had to pay excise tax on.

What's not to love!!
By clintntx on 03/18/13 15:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I researched Mazda 3, Chevy Cruze, Buick Verano, & Ford Focus, & contacted dealers online. Then I test-drove them in that order. When I got to the Ford, the car just felt right for me in a field of very good cars. Ended up buying a Titanium sedan at Cerritos Ford in September 2012. Great service from sales rep Kathy Bailey & service rep Sergio Ortiz. Drove the car across the desert southwest when it had less than 500 miles on it, was pleased at gas mileage of 37 & doubly pleased that the long drive was less tiring than in my 2008 Lincoln. The car is adequately powered, great handling, quiet, smooth, & best of all, fun to drive.

A Must Have Car!
By policemustang on 02/01/13 09:23 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I recently purchase a brand new Ford Focus Titanium. I am very happy and would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a cool-looking ride with great fuel mileage in mind. My car has everything except for a moon roof. It's a little tight on room but you must consider that I am 304 lbs. So, of course it's going to be snug. Everything works great and the transmission shifts just fine. It's quiet and smooth and in my honest opinion, the best Focus that Ford has ever produced. Purchased at: Mac Haik Ford-Lincoln in Georgetown , Texas. The Titanium package is the way to go! Or as an alternative, choose the SE model with the 201A option package.

Poor Navigation System
By barridale on 01/13/13 17:45 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I purchased a 2013 FORD FOCUS Nov 2012 and took the optional navigation system because I needed it. Since the firsr time I used the system it did not fuction properly. It is inaccurate placing the vehicle location on either a different street or driving through backyards. When the destination is right ahead at 50 yards the system tells to turn left then right at the next street to reach the destination. Needless to say that this could be dangerous as well as getting the driver lost. The vehicle has been to the dealership twice for two hours each time. The whole software was updated as well as the new version SD card installed. The second time the service dept liasoned with FORD but never

Love My Focus
By jharlan68 on 12/22/12 15:45 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read a lot of reviews about the 2012 Focus before deciding to buy the 2013. The transmission does shift different than your normal automatic, but it doesn't bother me since I drive a commercial truck with a standard for a living. I love the style, the features and especially the gas mileage of my Focus, especially since I came out of a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've only had it for a week, but I've been around cars long enough to know what works well and what doesn't, and I must say that the Ford Focus doesn't just work well, it excels.

NOT LOVING IT!
By bren77 on 11/15/12 16:57 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2013 Focus SE a month ago. I cried for two days over the crazy transmission. I now have 500 miles and it is driving better. The driver's seat is uncomfortable and lots of road noise. Not enough cup holders or storage space.If I could do it again, I would not buy this car! I am not trying to be negative, just stating what I feel about the car. I talked to the dealership about the road noise and the seat and they acted as though they have never heard any complaints, but I have read several. I do like some of the features and like the way it doesn't feel like a small car. Anyway, I am trying to love it because I have to pay for it for six years :(

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*