13' SE/Auto: Great Commuter
By nrudolph on
2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my focus back in February ( it is now April) and I have 4,000 miles on it. I commute 60 miles a day, 5 days a week, most of it highway. The Focus is very comfortable on the highway. The ride quality is very smooth and composed, and the ride is quiet. The interior is well put together, no squeaks/rattles. The Engine has very good power and is smooth. the transmission isn't great, but is generally smooth and quick to shift. Fuel economy is very good, averaging 32mpg in mostly highway driving with some city. Exactly matching the EPA combined rating. The backseat is a bit tight, though not intolerable for two adults. Trunk is big. No problems so far.
Favorite Features
-Smooth, quiet highway ride, while still maintaining very good handling. Very european. -Good gas mileage, 32mpg in combined 80% highway/20% city driving between 70-79mph. -Well built interior, no rattles/squeaks of any kind. Also, the stock sync (not MFT) works very well and actually understands me.
Suggested Improvements
More improvements to the transmission programming to smooth out stop and go operation, though by and large it is good and not really any worse than most small car torque-converter automatics. Torx bolts to remove the underbody shield to get to the oil filter and drain plug? Really ford? =| -Improve stock speaker quality. This is actually my biggest complaint. I will be upgrading to Infinity Reference 6.5" speakers and a Alpine Amp with the stock headunit.