Used 2013 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

'13 Focus = serious issues
By AGGambler

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Research before you buy! Nothing but issues. Transmission trouble resulting in 4 dealer trips until recall replacement. Speakers emitting a high frequency noise (with cracking and popping) causing safety concern which Ford will not fix. I would caution against this vehicle. Too many complaints.

Stunning but NOT in a good way
By Model T

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

25,000 miles, Just picked up from dealership for the 4th time after transmission repair. It will go back for fifth time as soon as they can get a new clutch to install. Told by dealership it will take 4 to 8 weeks for part to come in as Ford has 30,000 on back order. I confirmed the backorder story with another local dealership and my coworker who is also waiting on a clutch. Tried to get Ford to buy back and the Dealership offered me $2900.00 less than Edmunds and NADA say is Fair Market Value. By my count the Dealership had sixteen 2013 and 2014's on their used car lot.......the whole ordeal is just stunning to me. I have read that Ford has no fix for the problem. They have the audacity to say this is not a safety problem yet the car stutters so bad when you try to accelerate it jerks you in your seat like a bumper car at a circus. I guess we will have to wait until people start dying ala the ignition switch issue another American car manufacturer ignored. Do not buy this car if you do you will regret it.

5 Speed Manual is a champ!!
By John Walton

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hearing a lot of bad reviews about the automatic not being a good choice. Duh, it's a 4 cylinder! What were you expecting the automatic version to be like? When has a four cylinder with an automatic ever been a good, reliable, engaging choice? [non-permissible content removed]. I leased this car with 90 miles, it now has 21,000 trouble free miles on it and I'm seriously considering buying out when the lease is up. The My Touch sucks and has been the only glaring deficiency. When an aftermarket system is available best believe the annoying Ford voice is gone. Drove this 1,600 miles across the country with out a hiccup. It was a very comfortable ride too.

5 speed Punchy base engine Decent materials/ workmanship Sharp car, will be relevant for a while

Get rid of/ overhaul MyTouch. A 6th gear would be nice option. Body panels seem much more delicate than previous ford vehicles.

Piece of junk
By aaamadre

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my 2013 Titanium new, mainly to have a reliable car. Horrid transmission that jerks and hesitates. Not safe for merging. Also it randomly won't start. I'm trading it in this week.

Heated seats.

Fix the transmission and the starting issue.

Disappointed!!!!
By finnigan1

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible purchase. I previously owned a 2001 Ford Escape and experienced no issues, so I figured I would stick with a Ford vehicle. I have a long commute and decided the 2013 Ford Focus would be a practical choice. 3 months after purchasing it, the heater needed to be replaced. Ford also decided to replace the clutches in the transmission as well since it was very noisy when accelerating and shifting gears. Vehicle was returned to me and the transmission problems still existed. As of right now, it's sitting at the dealership waiting to have the power steering rack replaced...I've owned this car for 18 months, and have driven 54000km....brutal.