2013 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Piece of junk
By aaamadre on 12/28/14 16:54 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my 2013 Titanium new, mainly to have a reliable car. Horrid transmission that jerks and hesitates. Not safe for merging. Also it randomly won't start. I'm trading it in this week.

Disappointed!!!!
By finnigan1 on 11/11/14 16:39 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible purchase. I previously owned a 2001 Ford Escape and experienced no issues, so I figured I would stick with a Ford vehicle. I have a long commute and decided the 2013 Ford Focus would be a practical choice. 3 months after purchasing it, the heater needed to be replaced. Ford also decided to replace the clutches in the transmission as well since it was very noisy when accelerating and shifting gears. Vehicle was returned to me and the transmission problems still existed. As of right now, it's sitting at the dealership waiting to have the power steering rack replaced...I've owned this car for 18 months, and have driven 54000km....brutal.

Lemon
By lostgenerati on 10/25/14 08:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2013 Ford Focus 22500 miles. What a piece of .... Three motors.Unsolved Transmissions problems, Dead battery, 2 months in the service bay. 1:30 am tow was priceless. The great thing is the 2014 and 2015 are having the same problems..So if you buy one here is your new routine. 1 buy car,2 Be told there is nothing wrong with the transmission. When you need to get out and rock it to back up.surges while driving .. Its your imagination. 3 Drive to service bay and wait for days 4 break down, get towed, and end up selling for less than you brought it for.Or just buy a Toyota and save your self so much aggravation.

What A Hassle
By husker1960 on 09/24/14 14:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought a brand new 2013 Ford Focus Titanium with all the options including navigation and the handling package which comes with 20,000 mile summer tires that are ridiculously expensive to replace. We had severe transmission noise from day one. The transmission was grinding really loud along with some clunking noises, people walking or riding a bicycle would stare at a brand new car wondering what was wrong with it. In 4000 miles the car was in the shop four times for transmission issues over a six month period. The local Ford dealer finally agreed to replace the transmission control computer, it took three weeks to get the part in from China, it didn't fix the problem.

Stay Away / Faulty Transmissions
By jack8384 on 08/26/14 00:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have the Focus SE sedan with the faulty automatic transmission. I bought it brand new and first noticed the transmission to start acting crazy around 4500 miles. I've read many similar complaints and see that Ford won't correct the problem. They issued a TSB on these trannies only to replace the clutch pack which doesn't help. They say it's the way it's designed to operate and theres no fix. WHAT ? Then why issue the TSB ? When I test drove the car it didn't do this. I would have stayed away then. Car lunges forward at stops, backs up by itself without giving it gas, the shift shuttering/slipping is the biggest problem.

Should have stayed with Honda
By tamie45 on 08/24/14 21:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a pre-owned 2013 Focus SE on June 18th 2014. I was initially impressed by the styling and that it was loaded with tech. Unfortunately, all the tech in the world could not make up for the DCT and how awful it was to drive. Even the tech left a lot to be desired. While I initially liked it, I found the controls for the infotainment system to be very hard to use while driving. The saving grace was that it had voice commands to bypass the very convoluted menu setup. It took less than two months to see the writing on the wall about this car and I traded it in for a Honda Civic. I ended up losing money because I traded it in so soon but it was the best decision ever!!

great car after 12,000 miles don't be afraid
By neohiofocusguy on 06/19/14 06:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have now put on 12,000 miles on my 2013 ford focus se with 6speed dct auto. It has been a great car. Don't be afraid of the transmission. It shifts very smooth is nice. If you drive consistently and don't step on the gas hard it very rarely gives a bad shift. If you step on the gas hard it can be slow to downshift or sometimes might stay in existing great instead of upshifting. The transmission is an automated manual and thats how it gets amazing gas mileage. I get 39/40 mpg real world driving when the weather is good and I drive about 80% highway 20% city. In low speed driving like a parking lot it is not as nice as a regular automatic but it is fine just be easy on the gas. T

Nope
By acabaner on 06/10/14 10:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First, I realize it's dumb to buy a car and not like it; but I had a good test drive & it made sense due to being a good used deal. Wanted a middle ground compact car; that is decent performance and economy. Cruze, Civic, Elantra weren't gutsy enough; and something like the Si is fun but not practical enough. I came from a 2008 Mazda 3 5spd which I now realize was amazing, but figured would change it up. Inside is cramped, the center stack is huge and has no storage. Rear leg room is poor/worse. Auto transmission (not select shift) is hit or miss; can be very smooth or very stupid. Fuel economy is not as hoped. The 3 got me 25 in mostly city driving (rated 23/29); and this gets 28.5.

Has been a great car
By benny2014 on 03/16/14 11:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I purchased my 2013 Ford Focus new and now have about 11,000 miles on it. I optioned for the SFE package for better fuel economy. I have getting about 36 mpg combined city and highway. It has been a great car and very easy to drive. I would recommend this car.

Merits your consideration: Go for the Manual Transmission and sans - MFT for maximum reliability
By benevento on 10/12/13 10:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

ery good choice, however for maximum reliability (and long term maintenance cost savings) skip the Dual Clutch and the My Ford Touch options. Bought in July 2013, 5000 troublefree, comfortable miles so far. The Manual transmission's the better choice by far (you take a little hit in fuel economy ironically, but trust me, it's gonna cost a LOT less to maintain than the dual clutch) Comfortable on long drives (- saw an average of 39 MPG on 800 mile trip ), adequate pep for city stop and go, plus passing on highways (3rd gear is very sweet around 5500 rpm . . . ). Definitely spec'ed well, and punches a bit above its price range - But get the manual w/o MFT