Used 2013 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Little Did I Know
By Jack

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Ford because I had driven a Ford rental and found it an extremely comfortable drive. I make frequent trips of over 100 miles and my previous car just wore me out- it was so uncomfortable. The Focus front seats are very comfortable, as is the steering wheel.
Then I discovered the shuddering joys of the dual-clutch tranny. I couldn't believe a car manufacturer would knowingly produce thousands of cars with such clearly defective and dated technology. Especially as they were trying to make a comeback in the car market.
Anyway, I got used (believe it or not) to the shudder I experienced when starting up and just appreciated the comfortable ride, the bluetooth technology, and being able to listen to my ipod while driving. The car gets decent gas mileage (approx. 31 highway/26 city) and has been very reliable. I've mostly just taken it in for regular maintenance.
The interior storage is the worst I've ever experienced resulting in there being hardly any. The glove box is most poorly designed glove box I've ever seen (no sides), to the point where it's almost useless. I ended up putting a squarish bag in there just so all my stuff wouldn't fall out.
I hate to think what I'll get for my Focus in trade or resale.

DO NOT BUY A FORD!!!!
By lawanda

2013 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a ford focus 2013 six months ago and everything is now falling apart and has electrical issues please to avoid lots of stress please skip out on ford...I've called corporate and they did nothing basically told me that they'll put in a report but other than that my 4 year old and I are screwed even though our lives are in danger

Disaster on wheels
By Krystal

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One of the happiest days of my life, getting rid of this piece! I had the transmission replaced 5 times. It continuously tore holes in the oil tank, so that was replaced too. But don't worry, Ford will give you a 100,000 mile warranty and replace it over and over because they acknowledge that their engineering is below standard. It's really fun to drive along with the transmission jerking you around. And, you never know how the car will take off from a stopped position, so many surprises in an accident just waiting to kill someone.
The navigation starts about 5 minutes after you need it to.
Once, I was in a parking lot, clicked the unlock button on the key fob, and the car began to make a lovely loud sound just like that of a boiling kettle. Everyone in the parking lot ran because we were sure that car was about to blow up.
I bought the car brand new but have learned the valuable lesson; never buy a Ford!

Never buy a ford again
By FoundOnRoadDead

2013 Ford Focus Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

2013 ford focus is a joke. Bought the titanium edition with all bells and whistles, got the nice lcd touch screen with navi (2500$ option).
After about 1 year and 38,000 miles the lcd touch screen stopped working rendering the navi and most other options useless or a complete inconvenience to use.
Ford says sorry, but warranty ended at 35,000 miles and it is an 800 dollar repair, sorry about your luck.
Did I mention on my second oil change dealership noticed a transmission leak. Then there were Multiple trips to dealership for reprogramming, cleaning clutch plates.
Recently at 80,000 miles vehicle wouldn't switch out of 1st gear. Ford says just needs computer update,that should do it.
Two weeks later as I'm attempting to accelerate onto freeway tach goes to 7000 rpm and I can't get out of first gear as the vehicles jerks and sputters. Left me stranded about 50 miles from home. Had to get it towed off the freeway.
Now ford says it just needs a new control module, that will fix everything.

Yeah right!!!

Do not buy this vehicle, you will be sorry!! Ford is not stepping up to the plate to get these issues fixed. I will never buy another ford vehicle!!!!!!

Complete junk!!
By Bri

2013 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So in 2011 I bought a new ford fiesta and after having it for one year the transmission went out. I figured that car was just a lemon and traded it for a new 2013 focus se...big mistake!! After having it for a couple months it started jerking and shuttering very badly. Took it to the dealership and they said it was not supposed to do it all the time just every once in a while. For two years after that I complained about the car and took it into the dealership and all they would do was reprogram it or say there is nothing wrong. Finally in July of 2015 the dealership replaced the clutch and it stopped shuttering almost entirely. It's been 3 months and I have only felt it shutter twice, huge improvement, but of course something else went wrong. Then one day my car did not want to go into reverse and the engine light came on as well. Then it would not drive after putting it in gear. I had to have it towed to the dealership and the transmission control module had to be replaced. This was before ford sent out the letter about the problems with the tcm. Now I am having another problem! Yesterday when I turned my a/c on it made a loud whining noise,the entire dashboard started vibrating, and no air came out. I turned it on and off and the same thing happened. The third time the a/c came on and no more noise. This car is a pile of crap that needs to be recalled but we all know Ford doesn't want to take responsibility for it. Do not buy this car PLEASE!!! Everyone I've known with one has had problems. It is a waste of money and unreliable.