Used 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Sporty and fun to drive....
By Stephen Stutsman

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

This is a wonderful car....especially for someone who wants to drive something that's sporty, but practical. Forget the backseat....it simply doesn't exist. But it has a lot of storage space for hauling things. I play in band I am able to get my amp, keyboard stand, and two keyboards, plus all of my other extra stuff in it with no hassle. I bought the Hatchback for this very purpose. It has a very nice stereo system....good bluetooth. Navigation system is pretty good....but not great. Good pickup and if you drive it right you will get good mileage. In flat terrain it will get easily in the mid to high 30's MPG. I'm in the mountains and still manage in the high 20's. The Titanium model I have has every imaginable bell and whistle you could ask for on a car. Indeed, it's hard to imagine a car in this price range and size having as much as it does.

Lemon
By Sharon Lee

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have a 2013 Ford Focus I bought it new. I have had it in to the Ford Garage to fix the shaking and shuttering twice now and here I am a year later having the same issue. I just called the Dealership that I bought it from and they tried to tell me this is "normal"!! It's definitely NOT normal!! Do not buy this car... run as fast as you can away from it!!!

Avoid The 2013 Focus Automatic At All Costs
By Realist

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I almost lost count of the trips to the dealer for warranty work on the infamous dual-clutch transmission. After a recent update, the car stalled out while in slow-and-go traffic on I-95 in Virginia. I traded it two days later. Not safe, not reliable.

I Love this Car!
By Nile

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Okay a lot of people harsh on this car because it had a clutch recall, but seriously people if you take your [non-permissible content removed] to the dealrship the replace it for free! For free people! Once you have that done the car is great! Mine gets in the 40's mpg. I drove a round trip from Salt Lake City to the grand canyon and got 43.5 mpg average. The bluetooth system rocks! Its so great taking calls hands free! The car is zippy and I have driven it through a blizzard in the middle of Wyoming. When I traded my subaru for this car I was a bit timid. In fact I named my focus subi in hopes that some of my old cars reliability would wear off on it. This is by far the best car I have owned. I have put 40,000 miles on it in one year and it has treated me so good through it all.

trust me don't buy one. I'm a professional driver
By mark lacroix

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Let me first start off by saying I'm a professional truck driver for over 20 years I've owned my own trucks and I know how to get the most out of vehicles . This car has severe transmission problems. I naught a Ford focus 2013 to reduce fuel and to have a little fun in it. I put 122000 miles on it . Yes that wasn't a typo. 122,000 miles. Comuting to sanbernadino to hinckley daily 94 miles one way. First I experienced at around 80 thousand miles the computer module completely went out left me stranded in the middle of the dessert for hours. Towed it back. They fixed. 2nd time at 122 thousand going up the mountain towards big bear dam near killed me and 5 people behind me transmission said it was overheating and went to crawl mode and completely disengaged while cars behind me were spinning put to try to avoid me there was no turn out to get the car too. Finally got it back to dealer and same problem but this time that computer module actually prematurely wore out the clutch witch they wanted 1800 to fix the computer module was still under warranty but they would not fix clutch. I tied to trade it in they would only give me 2500 credit to the car. Yes you Hurd me write 2,500. they know that car is a pile [non-permissible content removed]!!! I had a 2003 ford ficus with 267,000 miles on it and it ran like a top same motor same clutch. Someone T boned it sadly. So I thought I would get same mileage out of new one. Another thing is suspension it wore out to quick and gave tires flat spots witch led to a bummpy ride. Please take it from me get rid of this car as fast as you can. There menu more problems with this car but I don't feel like writing a book about it.