2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2013 Focus SE
By sts_pa on 02/10/15 09:56 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2013 Focus SE hatch new 2 years ago and have experienced zero issues with it. Chassis is sublime and engine provides adequate power while returning >30 mpg and easily over 40 on the highway. Interior has too much hard plastic, but that's expected at this price. I love the cloth seats and the hatch holds tons of stuff. The powershift automatic has unpleasant characteristics at low speeds (chattering, lurching), but works great when pressed. Ford seems to deliver the best driving compact in the segment at this price IMHO. Hoping the reliability stays good going forward.

2013 Titanium Focus
By rringo on 01/20/15 16:08 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

It's hard to believe that people who have written bad reviews have the same car as I do. Yes the tranny can be a little quirky sometimes but this may have a lot to do with the driver. I have owned a lot of vehicles, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota Nissan etc all of which I liked. I love this car and feel it is the most for the money I have ever owned. Runs great, drives great, looks great and is comfortable with great mileage. I've taken trips of 3000 miles. Sorry those other folks didn't get one like mine.

Ford Focus NOT RECOMMENDED!
By franklo on 09/19/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I disposed of my 2013 Ford Focus on 9-15-14 at a loss. I experienced all of the transmission issues already mentioned including almost getting struck when entering an intersection and the transmission simply stopped giving forward movement. I was always told it is suppose to run like that. At a 35000 mile oil change I was told a seal between the transmission and engine had failed an oil had leaked from the engine. It was repaired and I was then told about a surprise extended warranty on the part and associated parts from Ford only Ford did not say anything until a week after the repair. All of the shuddering eventually started back up again and on 9-14-14 I noticed a burnt rubber smell from

haaaaaaaaaaaated it
By patchwyrk on 09/11/14 19:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove an automatic 02 focus hb for 10 years and LOVED it. I thought I was upgrading with the 2013. If you are used to a manual transmission this would probably be ok. It has the same shuddery jerky bumpy shift and backwards roll features that are on a standard transmission. I had it under 2 months and bought a different brand. It was that bad.

Great commuter
By lrc3395 on 09/04/14 10:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in June of 2013. I commute 70 miles each way and the gas for my SUV was killing me. I test drove the automatic and disliked the feel, then drove the 5 speed and liked it much better. I now have 55k miles on the car and it still runs as well as when I drove it off the lot. I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever in all those miles and have found the Focus to be a comfortable vehicle. A third of my commute is down a windy mountain road and the Focus handles it very well. It drives well in the rain and I had no complaints with its abilities in the snow last winter. Overall, an excellent vehicle.

Lemon, lemon, lemon
By sds5858 on 09/02/14 12:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this brand new 2013 focus one year ago three months after I had it I had to put new tires on it because they were almost bald, then it started to shutter like my transmission was going out(they have finally recalled that part) terrible terrible terrible in the snow and now the air conditioning is out.. Mechanically This car is a piece of crap! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM IT!!!

Mixed Feelings
By mrjustin24 on 06/24/14 11:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I sold a 2011 Grand Caravan because my wife's Taurus X was falling apart and we needed to use my van as a down payment. We currently have this Focus hatch. It serves its purpose as my daily driver and we even use it for family vacations with 2 kids under 4. We have learned how to pack light. It gets 38-40 hwy mpg easy. I usually get 32 around town. For that I'm grateful. However, the issues with the transmission are true. It will act like it's stalling out every so often when shifting between 1st and 2nd. It also has a popping sound in the front left suspension at low speeds. This is "normal" according to Ford. Everytime I ask them to listen to to it I walk away with the same prob

Weird Transmission
By brsve on 05/23/14 20:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Ford tells me the unique characteristics of this car's transmission are normal. Normal should not mean it makes crunching noises or does not know when to switch gears, roll backwards or jerks. And fuel mileage is not what it should be and I suspect partly due to the transmission. That part is just a guess I will admit. Traded this car a few days ago for a Civic.

Shiny Junk
By massiejs09 on 02/14/14 09:41 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this car brand new in August 2012 after realizing that I had to say goodbye to my beloved 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid which had about 125,000 miles on it (and was still getting 45mpg!). Fast forward to now -- the car has 16,200 miles on it and might be the biggest piece of junk I have ever driven. It handles TERRIBLY in snow (like the worst I've ever seen). I've had to have the sunroof fixed cause water was leaking into my car every time it rained, and it shakes and judders for no reason. Lots of road noise, bad acceleration. Just awful. I'm trading it in and going back to Honda.

Great car if you don't drive in the winter
By fordguy29 on 01/28/14 17:43 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought this car 6 months ago have 11,000 miles on it and loved it I have the manual so I have had no issues, no shaky parts or rattling, IDK what they are talking about. But drove to work on first snow storm barley covered the roads and I had no traction, traction control almost hurt me worse had to shut it off to get any momentum. Got stuck at a stop light even. I have all season tires on it and it is the worst car I have driven in the winter. Anyone else experience this? I'm debating on trading cars already. Any advice or comments?