Used 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I Love this Car!
By Nile

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Okay a lot of people harsh on this car because it had a clutch recall, but seriously people if you take your [non-permissible content removed] to the dealrship the replace it for free! For free people! Once you have that done the car is great! Mine gets in the 40's mpg. I drove a round trip from Salt Lake City to the grand canyon and got 43.5 mpg average. The bluetooth system rocks! Its so great taking calls hands free! The car is zippy and I have driven it through a blizzard in the middle of Wyoming. When I traded my subaru for this car I was a bit timid. In fact I named my focus subi in hopes that some of my old cars reliability would wear off on it. This is by far the best car I have owned. I have put 40,000 miles on it in one year and it has treated me so good through it all.

Don't lose your Focus!
By Michael Friedhoff

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car! 38,000 miles so far and no issues. Looks great! Handles great! MPG could be better (average 28 mpg), but I'm a little heavy on the accelerator...

trust me don't buy one. I'm a professional driver
By mark lacroix

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Let me first start off by saying I'm a professional truck driver for over 20 years I've owned my own trucks and I know how to get the most out of vehicles . This car has severe transmission problems. I naught a Ford focus 2013 to reduce fuel and to have a little fun in it. I put 122000 miles on it . Yes that wasn't a typo. 122,000 miles. Comuting to sanbernadino to hinckley daily 94 miles one way. First I experienced at around 80 thousand miles the computer module completely went out left me stranded in the middle of the dessert for hours. Towed it back. They fixed. 2nd time at 122 thousand going up the mountain towards big bear dam near killed me and 5 people behind me transmission said it was overheating and went to crawl mode and completely disengaged while cars behind me were spinning put to try to avoid me there was no turn out to get the car too. Finally got it back to dealer and same problem but this time that computer module actually prematurely wore out the clutch witch they wanted 1800 to fix the computer module was still under warranty but they would not fix clutch. I tied to trade it in they would only give me 2500 credit to the car. Yes you Hurd me write 2,500. they know that car is a pile [non-permissible content removed]!!! I had a 2003 ford ficus with 267,000 miles on it and it ran like a top same motor same clutch. Someone T boned it sadly. So I thought I would get same mileage out of new one. Another thing is suspension it wore out to quick and gave tires flat spots witch led to a bummpy ride. Please take it from me get rid of this car as fast as you can. There menu more problems with this car but I don't feel like writing a book about it.

My 2nd Ford Focus
By TNugent

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2013 Ford Focus SE hatchback is a terrific vehicle. We still have our 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback - 250,000+ miles and still a very reliable vehicle. Both are manual 5-speed transmission. The 2013 performs well in acceleration, road handling and on ice/snow. The only complaint i have about the 2013 SE hatchback is the quality of the "cargo cover". It's been falling apart (on the ends/connection) since a few weeks after I purchased the vehicle in August, 2013. I sent a note to Ford Motor Co; never received a response. It gets 28-35 mpg normally; the max mpg was about 50 mpg when driving a country highway for 30-40 miles at 50 mph. Overall, I like the head room/leg room for driver/front passenger, sunroof works well; I purchased the winter package. Overall satisfaction is 9.5 out of 10.0 (due to cargo cover being poorly designed/materials).

2013 Focus SE
By sts_pa

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2013 Focus SE hatch new 2 years ago and have experienced zero issues with it. Chassis is sublime and engine provides adequate power while returning >30 mpg and easily over 40 on the highway. Interior has too much hard plastic, but that's expected at this price. I love the cloth seats and the hatch holds tons of stuff. The powershift automatic has unpleasant characteristics at low speeds (chattering, lurching), but works great when pressed. Ford seems to deliver the best driving compact in the segment at this price IMHO. Hoping the reliability stays good going forward.

Fun, tossable chasis with great steering and good ride. Decent performance and great MPG. Nicely laid out interior with comfortable cloth seats and plenty of space in the hatch. Low price for the whole package.

Not crazy about the powershift DCT which will sometimes chatter and shift harshly at low speeds. Also seems to want to upshift too soon. Don't particularly like the backwards arrangement of the windshield wiper controls.