2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2013 Titanium Focus
By rringo on 01/20/15 16:08 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

It's hard to believe that people who have written bad reviews have the same car as I do. Yes the tranny can be a little quirky sometimes but this may have a lot to do with the driver. I have owned a lot of vehicles, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota Nissan etc all of which I liked. I love this car and feel it is the most for the money I have ever owned. Runs great, drives great, looks great and is comfortable with great mileage. I've taken trips of 3000 miles. Sorry those other folks didn't get one like mine.

haaaaaaaaaaaated it
By patchwyrk on 09/11/14 19:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove an automatic 02 focus hb for 10 years and LOVED it. I thought I was upgrading with the 2013. If you are used to a manual transmission this would probably be ok. It has the same shuddery jerky bumpy shift and backwards roll features that are on a standard transmission. I had it under 2 months and bought a different brand. It was that bad.

Mixed Feelings
By mrjustin24 on 06/24/14 11:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I sold a 2011 Grand Caravan because my wife's Taurus X was falling apart and we needed to use my van as a down payment. We currently have this Focus hatch. It serves its purpose as my daily driver and we even use it for family vacations with 2 kids under 4. We have learned how to pack light. It gets 38-40 hwy mpg easy. I usually get 32 around town. For that I'm grateful. However, the issues with the transmission are true. It will act like it's stalling out every so often when shifting between 1st and 2nd. It also has a popping sound in the front left suspension at low speeds. This is "normal" according to Ford. Everytime I ask them to listen to to it I walk away with the same prob

Weird Transmission
By brsve on 05/23/14 20:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Ford tells me the unique characteristics of this car's transmission are normal. Normal should not mean it makes crunching noises or does not know when to switch gears, roll backwards or jerks. And fuel mileage is not what it should be and I suspect partly due to the transmission. That part is just a guess I will admit. Traded this car a few days ago for a Civic.

Shiny Junk
By massiejs09 on 02/14/14 09:41 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this car brand new in August 2012 after realizing that I had to say goodbye to my beloved 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid which had about 125,000 miles on it (and was still getting 45mpg!). Fast forward to now -- the car has 16,200 miles on it and might be the biggest piece of junk I have ever driven. It handles TERRIBLY in snow (like the worst I've ever seen). I've had to have the sunroof fixed cause water was leaking into my car every time it rained, and it shakes and judders for no reason. Lots of road noise, bad acceleration. Just awful. I'm trading it in and going back to Honda.

Great car if you don't drive in the winter
By fordguy29 on 01/28/14 17:43 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought this car 6 months ago have 11,000 miles on it and loved it I have the manual so I have had no issues, no shaky parts or rattling, IDK what they are talking about. But drove to work on first snow storm barley covered the roads and I had no traction, traction control almost hurt me worse had to shut it off to get any momentum. Got stuck at a stop light even. I have all season tires on it and it is the worst car I have driven in the winter. Anyone else experience this? I'm debating on trading cars already. Any advice or comments?

After 25,000 miles
By cbrandi on 01/17/14 13:15 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We still love this car. It gives us 40mpg on the highway when wife drives it. I get a little less. We've had no problems with the car, though we don't like the AM transmission, its rubbery and always wants to be in top gear to save gas. As a result it tends to slow accretion. We also note that the air coming out of the vents in summer is warm unless we have AC on. No other complaints. Solid and reliable, fun to drive and comfortable on trips. The hatch back holds an amazing amount of stuff for such a small car. We've toyed with getting the ST.

Transmission Improved
By thai_tim on 01/16/14 00:05 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this car in Thailand in April, 2013. I believe it is the same specification as the US car, with the 2.0 L engine. I am very impressed with the steering and handling, and build quality is excellent. On only 2 occasions, I had some problems with the AT. An oil leak was found by the dealer between the engine and the transmission. This was a major repair for a new car, to replace the seal and clutches. At first I was very disappointed to need such a repair in the 1st year, but after getting the car back, the transmission runs better than in any car (many) I have owned. it now runs better than when new, and I like it more than ever. Often cannot notice the gear changes!

Traction Control they say
By why_did_i on 10/03/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In July purchased a new 2013 Focus standard transmission. I commute 200 KMs daily and when the car was at 1600 KM I heard a clunk while on the HWY in 5th gear doing over 100 KM an hour. The car would not accelerate over 80 KM, the dealer looked it over and said nothing is wrong. A few weeks later sitting on the HWY stopped behind other vehicles and tried to accelerate into the right lane. The car chugged and almost stalled, this has happen a few times. I have an open CSR with Ford and they told me to leave the car with them for the week. I was told they couldn't find anything so I took a mechanic out for a drive. The issue happened, I am told this is normal traction control stop the C

So far pleasantly surprised!
By 2013ap3 on 09/29/13 00:18 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

2013 Focus Titanium Hatchback 5MT. MPG has been good with a high of 33.7 and a low of 31.3 after 1500 miles and 5 weeks of ownership. I have proformance suspension with 18 in wheels. Handles wonderfully on dry or wet roads here in FL. I enjoy all the tech extras, I traded in a 2003 Honda Pilot with 170K miles. Still learning to use MyFord Touch with SYNC efficiently.