Used 2013 Ford Focus Electric Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Consumer Reviews

Electric 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive - (4 reviews )

FORD Focus Electric Super Batteries
By eaa

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I have had a FORD Focus Electric for 2 years now. In the Phoenix heat most batteries loss capacity from the extreme heat. The FFE seems to have beat that with their Tesla like liquid cooled battery pack. I have not lost even 1 % by checking with my SCAN GAUGE from Linear Logic in the OBD2 port .

The 100% Electric system, quiet, fast and zero maintenance cost.

The Air Conditioning should be a more efficent heat pump like the LEAF uses.

A great zippy one compare to Leaf
By firstelectric

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I test drove 2013 leaf a few time and did not like the drive dynamics of that and its power with smaller electric motor. The focus has bigger electric motor or 143HP vs 105HP of nissan but yet it has the same range as nissan (76 vs 75 miles). The drive dynamic and cornering are both solid, reminds me of the 3 series. My other car is a 535 xdrive so this is mostly for commute and free charge at work lots of location in Bay area, CA. Both the interior build and cabin noise are much better quality than Nissan Leaf but either one you can't go wrong with a lease deal. I'm getting the 240v installed at home for $1000 from a slingshot company flat rate.

180 torque, 17" rim and firm handling, sporty feeling handling and fun to drive. Supports Bluetooth music over the air and iPhone integration.

Bigger trunk space (although I use it for commute so it doesn't bother me at all), hide batteries on the chassis like telstra. Better range of 100miles?

Fantastic Car
By ampwatt

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I just leased a 2013 Ford Focus Electric and am very pleased with this vehicle. Ford did a lot of homework with this effort and it shows. It is the most solid car I have ever driven, including the best German and Japanese. The doors "thunk' like a vault. The ride feels like a much heavier car. The steering is accurate and handling nimble. The car's range varies depending on driving techniques and other electric accessories used such as headlamps and air conditioning. I can count on at least 80 miles before needing to recharge. 120 volt recharging is OK but slow. 240 volt is the way to go - 3 to 4 hours for a full charge.

Solid car. Electronics are amazing. Acceleration is like that of a V8.

Back seat room limited. Would have liked to have a garage door opener homelink accessory - not sure why it was excluded as most other models have this. Owners manual not very specific or user friendly.

Xero Gas
By xeroblu

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

First off I'm a car guy, and I can appreciate all brands and models. That said I absolutely love this car. A good friend bought a 2013 leaf a week prior to me picking up this baby and his range drops like a rock on highway, where as the Focus hangs on. I have no range anxiety due to the fantastic suite of driver aids, Ford did an excellent job here. The ride is taught smooth, and the power when you want it is instantaneous due to the single speed tranny and electric motor. Stealing spots in traffic is a breeze even when a Mustang GT is trying to close the gap.

Reconfigurable gauges, social networking capability to compare your driving to other local Focus EV owners making it a game if you want. Id have to say my absolute favorite feature is the electric motor itself. The power is so delicious quick.

I can only guess Ford elected not to put the auto park feature in this car because of weight and or power hungry servos? Its a shame cause that would be an ideal addition to the cars already high tech wizardry on board. Id love a sunroof option and last but not least id like at least a choice of Black for interior. Oh i forgot, who would complain about a bigger battery pack? I know thats inevitable. As it is now this car is great. I love it...big fan.