Used 2013 Ford Focus Electric Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus Electric

Electric 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive - (5 reviews )

Lemon!
By Sara

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

This is by far the worst vehicle I've ever owned, and Ford has been the worst automobile manufacturer I've ever dealt with. The car has all of the transmission problems others have noted: shuddering between 1st and 2nd gear, sometimes failing to shift at all, and now a sudden apparent shift into neutral while driving, which will not resolve until the car is shut off and then turned back on some time later (maybe a few seconds, maybe minutes, maybe longer). Ford has told us all of these things:
1. "The car is designed for European drivers."
2. "It functions as designed."
3. "We couldn't duplicate the problem, so we had to charge you a $50 diagnostic fee."
4. "We know what's wrong with it but we have to jump through a million hoops and wait for Ford to get it fixed."
I'm ready to get rid of this car. There is an extended warranty, but the car cannot be permanently fixed despite multiple repairs, it is not safe to drive, Ford won't help and won't acknowledge that the car does not function well. I'll NEVER have another Ford.

FORD Focus Electric Super Batteries
By eaa

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I have had a FORD Focus Electric for 3 years now. In the Phoenix heat most batteries loss capacity from the extreme heat. The FFE seems to have beat that with their Tesla like liquid cooled battery pack. I have not lost even 1 % by checking with my SCAN GAUGE from Linear Logic in the OBD2 port .

The only issues I have with this great EV is they still don't have a DC Fast Charge port so on trips charging can only be done with a J-1772 at 240 volts that takes 2 to 3 hours versus 20 minutes. It also has an old compressor type Air conditioner that uses 2 to 4x the energy of an efficient heat pump found in the KIA SOUL EV or LEAF.

A great zippy one compare to Leaf
By firstelectric

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I test drove 2013 leaf a few time and did not like the drive dynamics of that and its power with smaller electric motor.
The focus has bigger electric motor or 143HP vs 105HP of nissan but yet it has the same range as nissan (76 vs 75 miles).

The drive dynamic and cornering are both solid,
reminds me of the 3 series.
My other car is a 535 xdrive so this is mostly for commute and free charge at work lots of location in Bay area, CA.

Both the interior build and cabin noise are much better quality than Nissan Leaf but either one you can't go wrong with a lease deal.

I'm getting the 240v installed at home for $1000 from a slingshot company flat rate.

180 torque, 17" rim and firm handling, sporty feeling handling and fun to drive. Supports Bluetooth music over the air and iPhone integration.

Bigger trunk space (although I use it for commute so it doesn't bother me at all), hide batteries on the chassis like telstra. Better range of 100miles?

Short ranger
By ampwatt

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Good solid car but no back seat and nearly no truck space. Range is the main issue, especially when you need heat. Will be overtaken by GM's Bolt and Tesla.

Xero Gas
By xeroblu

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

First off I'm a car guy, and I can appreciate all brands and models. That said I absolutely love this car. A good friend bought a 2013 leaf a week prior to me picking up this baby and his range drops like a rock on highway, where as the Focus hangs on. I have no range anxiety due to the fantastic suite of driver aids, Ford did an excellent job here. The ride is taught smooth, and the power when you want it is instantaneous due to the single speed tranny and electric motor. Stealing spots in traffic is a breeze even when a Mustang GT is trying to close the gap.

Reconfigurable gauges, social networking capability to compare your driving to other local Focus EV owners making it a game if you want. Id have to say my absolute favorite feature is the electric motor itself. The power is so delicious quick.

I can only guess Ford elected not to put the auto park feature in this car because of weight and or power hungry servos? Its a shame cause that would be an ideal addition to the cars already high tech wizardry on board. Id love a sunroof option and last but not least id like at least a choice of Black for interior. Oh i forgot, who would complain about a bigger battery pack? I know thats inevitable. As it is now this car is great. I love it...big fan.