2013 Ford Focus Electric - Consumer Reviews

Electric 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive - (3 reviews )
A great zippy one compare to Leaf
By firstelectric on 02/13/14 15:52 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I test drove 2013 leaf a few time and did not like the drive dynamics of that and its power with smaller electric motor. The focus has bigger electric motor or 143HP vs 105HP of nissan but yet it has the same range as nissan (76 vs 75 miles). The drive dynamic and cornering are both solid, reminds me of the 3 series. My other car is a 535 xdrive so this is mostly for commute and free charge at work lots of location in Bay area, CA. Both the interior build and cabin noise are much better quality than Nissan Leaf but either one you can't go wrong with a lease deal. I'm getting the 240v installed at home for $1000 from a slingshot company flat rate.

Fantastic Car
By ampwatt on 05/23/13 14:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I just leased a 2013 Ford Focus Electric and am very pleased with this vehicle. Ford did a lot of homework with this effort and it shows. It is the most solid car I have ever driven, including the best German and Japanese. The doors "thunk' like a vault. The ride feels like a much heavier car. The steering is accurate and handling nimble. The car's range varies depending on driving techniques and other electric accessories used such as headlamps and air conditioning. I can count on at least 80 miles before needing to recharge. 120 volt recharging is OK but slow. 240 volt is the way to go - 3 to 4 hours for a full charge.

Xero Gas
By xeroblu on 04/05/13 09:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Electric Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

First off I'm a car guy, and I can appreciate all brands and models. That said I absolutely love this car. A good friend bought a 2013 leaf a week prior to me picking up this baby and his range drops like a rock on highway, where as the Focus hangs on. I have no range anxiety due to the fantastic suite of driver aids, Ford did an excellent job here. The ride is taught smooth, and the power when you want it is instantaneous due to the single speed tranny and electric motor. Stealing spots in traffic is a breeze even when a Mustang GT is trying to close the gap.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.