2013 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Disappointed!!!!
By finnigan1 on 11/11/14 16:39 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible purchase. I previously owned a 2001 Ford Escape and experienced no issues, so I figured I would stick with a Ford vehicle. I have a long commute and decided the 2013 Ford Focus would be a practical choice. 3 months after purchasing it, the heater needed to be replaced. Ford also decided to replace the clutches in the transmission as well since it was very noisy when accelerating and shifting gears. Vehicle was returned to me and the transmission problems still existed. As of right now, it's sitting at the dealership waiting to have the power steering rack replaced...I've owned this car for 18 months, and have driven 54000km....brutal.

Lemon
By lostgenerati on 10/25/14 08:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2013 Ford Focus 22500 miles. What a piece of .... Three motors.Unsolved Transmissions problems, Dead battery, 2 months in the service bay. 1:30 am tow was priceless. The great thing is the 2014 and 2015 are having the same problems..So if you buy one here is your new routine. 1 buy car,2 Be told there is nothing wrong with the transmission. When you need to get out and rock it to back up.surges while driving .. Its your imagination. 3 Drive to service bay and wait for days 4 break down, get towed, and end up selling for less than you brought it for.Or just buy a Toyota and save your self so much aggravation.

Should have stayed with Honda
By tamie45 on 08/24/14 21:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a pre-owned 2013 Focus SE on June 18th 2014. I was initially impressed by the styling and that it was loaded with tech. Unfortunately, all the tech in the world could not make up for the DCT and how awful it was to drive. Even the tech left a lot to be desired. While I initially liked it, I found the controls for the infotainment system to be very hard to use while driving. The saving grace was that it had voice commands to bypass the very convoluted menu setup. It took less than two months to see the writing on the wall about this car and I traded it in for a Honda Civic. I ended up losing money because I traded it in so soon but it was the best decision ever!!

Nope
By acabaner on 06/10/14 10:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First, I realize it's dumb to buy a car and not like it; but I had a good test drive & it made sense due to being a good used deal. Wanted a middle ground compact car; that is decent performance and economy. Cruze, Civic, Elantra weren't gutsy enough; and something like the Si is fun but not practical enough. I came from a 2008 Mazda 3 5spd which I now realize was amazing, but figured would change it up. Inside is cramped, the center stack is huge and has no storage. Rear leg room is poor/worse. Auto transmission (not select shift) is hit or miss; can be very smooth or very stupid. Fuel economy is not as hoped. The 3 got me 25 in mostly city driving (rated 23/29); and this gets 28.5.

Merits your consideration: Go for the Manual Transmission and sans - MFT for maximum reliability
By benevento on 10/12/13 10:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

ery good choice, however for maximum reliability (and long term maintenance cost savings) skip the Dual Clutch and the My Ford Touch options. Bought in July 2013, 5000 troublefree, comfortable miles so far. The Manual transmission's the better choice by far (you take a little hit in fuel economy ironically, but trust me, it's gonna cost a LOT less to maintain than the dual clutch) Comfortable on long drives (- saw an average of 39 MPG on 800 mile trip ), adequate pep for city stop and go, plus passing on highways (3rd gear is very sweet around 5500 rpm . . . ). Definitely spec'ed well, and punches a bit above its price range - But get the manual w/o MFT

skip this car
By regy65 on 09/30/13 06:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

company car and no one want to drive it. terrible in rain, transmission jumps, front end sounds like fall apart ect....

bad decision
By scubble2 on 09/17/13 15:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a toyotay camry, saw all the great commercials about the gas milage on the focus, and thought wow better than the camry, so i bought a 2013 ford focus titanium flex fuel, wow what a big mistake if i could get rid of this today i would hate everything about this car, gas mileage sucks, sounds and acts weird like it is going to fall appart any minute, will not make this mistake again, going back to toyota,,soon as i can.. this car sucks real BAD......

Love/hate relationship
By monkeymademe on 09/08/13 20:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car mainly because I have always owned Fords and they have always been reliable. As far as getting me where I need to go, this car is reliable. I have a love/hate relationship with my car mainly because some days it will run exceptionally smooth and some days it sounds like the wheels are going to fall off and it shakes like the transmission is going to fall out. I have heard the whole "give it a few hundred miles" speech, and well, I have given it 8,000 with no change. It's mostly when I pull out, slow down and pick up speed again, or go up a steep hill that the transmission feels like its going to kick the bucket. But when it runs smooth, it runs smooth.

Absolutely love it!
By focusjp on 08/25/13 17:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Got it in April, now have just 6000 miles on it. Mileage started out a little low, 31 mph, but am now getting right around 37 mpg and I drive various traffic situations. I waited a long time to get a Focus, rode in several other Focuses and knew this is what I wanted although I had to trade in my 2000 Explorer XLS to get it. I do miss the extra cargo space, but the overall ride, flip down rear seat makes up for it. I have the Focus Sedan SE with 6 cyl. automated manual transmission. Did not see a selection for it.

Loaded up like a Lexus
By puffinalong on 07/16/13 12:01 PM (PDT)

fun ride